function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brad Satterwhite 7Brad Satterwhite 7 

What workflow rule do I run to populate a currency field with the value from another currency field on the same object (opp page)?

What workflow rule do I run to populate a currency field with the value from another currency field on the same object (opp page)? 

Tried using TEXT () and VALUE () but kept getting errors.
Best Answer chosen by Brad Satterwhite 7
Shawn Reichner 29Shawn Reichner 29
All you should need to do is in your formula, just list the field api name using the enhanced formula editor and grabbign the field.  You should not need anythign other than the field in the formula. 

Make sense?

All Answers

Set a workflow rule to run every time the record is edited.  Use the ISCHANGED() function as your workflow criteria and point it to the Currency field that you wish to copy, and then have a new workflow field update action update the field you wish to have the currency amoutn copied into and use a formula to set it as the currency field value of the filed being used in yoru criteria. 

Does this help?
Hey Shawn - yep, definitely what I was thinking, but what formula do I use to pull the value from the first currency field and have it populate in the other currency field?

i.e. make currency field 1 = currency field 2 when currency field 1 is changed to a new value.
All you should need to do is in your formula, just list the field api name using the enhanced formula editor and grabbign the field.  You should not need anythign other than the field in the formula. 

Make sense?
This was selected as the best answer
Beautiful. Was just overthinking it. Thanks!
Glad it helped!  Can you mark as the best answer for your question?

Shawn
maha rajpootmaha rajpoot
Hey Shawn - yep, definitely what I was thinking, but what formula do I use to pull the value from the first currency field and have it populate in the other currency field?

i.e. make currency field 1 = currency field 2 when currency field 1 is changed to a new value. Maha Usman (https://amznproducts.com/)  . https://amznproducts.com/huawei-y7-prime-2018-price-in-pakistan/