function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joel MalloJoel Mallo 

Update Contact Fields Picklist via API

Hello Community, 

I currently have contacts within salesforce that I will be calling from an external dialer. When I select a disposition to each call within the dialer, I would like the contact's picklist within salesforce to be updated based on the selected dispostion of the dialer. My picklist options in salesforce basically mirror the dispositions within the dialer, however, I don't know where to get the API informaton for salesforce, to provide to the developers of the dialing solution, so that they can get the dialer to update that inforation within salesforce via the api. I did find the picklist API name, but I dont' know what else I need to do or provide for this function to work propertly. 

I thank you in advance for your time. 
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Joel,

If I understand your question correctly, you are looking for API information to hand to your development team. 

This below link contains a list of the APIs Salesforce has available along with how to access and use them: There is similar kind of idea on which SFDC will work if it is upvoted to that level Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra