function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joseph WinterJoseph Winter 

recordEditForm in Communities - Fields are Disabled

Hi all,
We are creating a custom case form using lightning:recordEditForm and lightning:inputField. The form is generated off of a fieldset here;
<lightning:recordEditForm aura:id="test"
                              objectApiName="{! v.sObjectName }"
                              recordId="{! v.recordId }"
                              recordTypeId="{! v.recordTypeId }">
        <lightning:messages />

<aura:iteration items="{! v.fields }" var="field">
            <lightning:inputField aura:id="caseField" fieldName="{! field.APIName }" class="slds-p-top_small slds-m-top_medium"/>
        </aura:iteration>

<lightning:button class="slds-m-top_small" type="submit" label="Save" /></lightning:recordEditForm>
The fieldset is passed correctly with all the correct information. The desired result comes through ok hosted in an App here;
User-added image

The issue is when the component is placed in a community, the HTML generated has the fields as 'disabled';
User-added image
We cannot seem to find a permission in the Guest user profile that would cause this. Case is Read/Create, all fields on Case are Read/Edit Access, and all Record Types have been made available. None of the fields in the field set have been set to Read-Only.

Perplexed as to why this is happening, and can't seem to find a lot of documentation surrounding the new lightning:recordEditForm.

Appreciate any input.
Thanks,
sachin kadian 5sachin kadian 5
I found a lot of issue in lightning:recordEditForm when i was working on that. 

I am not sure why this is happening with you but can you go to the field -> View field accessibility -> check if it is editable there for the profile.
Joseph WinterJoseph Winter
Hi Sachin
I did check the Field Accessibility, and becuase its a Community Guest Profile it is not visible there. I made the fields Editable everywhere there anyway though. I've ensured all the fields are Editable in the Community Guest Profile.

We think we've found the reason, though. Guest users cannot have 'Edit' Object Permissions on Cases due to licences, so a recordEditForm will always consider them read-only. So we've had to abandon this method for now.
sachin kadian 5sachin kadian 5
Ohh You are trying to test it using Guest Profile? 

You are right guest profile doesnt have case eidt permission.