function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Patrick McConnell 6Patrick McConnell 6 

App Customization Superbadge Step 2

I'm getting an error, 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'IsShiftVolunteer' field formula on the 'Volunteer Shift Workers' is not resulting in a check box when the logged in user is the volunteer, and unchecked when they are not.

I did check with two users and two volunteer shift worker records, and it works as expected. 

I entered the forumla as 
!ISBLANK(Volunteer__r.Id) && $User.Id = Volunteer__r.Id
I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

Best Answer chosen by Patrick McConnell 6
Nayana KNayana K
Your formula is correct. Not sure why this error.
I have used this and passed the challenge:
$User.Id == Volunteer__r.Id

All Answers

Nayana KNayana K
Your formula is correct. Not sure why this error.
I have used this and passed the challenge:
$User.Id == Volunteer__r.Id

This was selected as the best answer
Patrick McConnell 6Patrick McConnell 6
Yeah, that did it.
Carin Vigil 9Carin Vigil 9
Thanks, Nayana. That was frustrating. I had IF(Volunteer__c = $User.Id, TRUE, FALSE). It worked on testing, but I guess the Trailhead people wanted a specific formula. Your formula worked! 
Gemma__eGemma__e
It's infuriating that you have to put exactly what the trailhead designer wrote - there are many ways to achieve the result.
JP Rogers 13JP Rogers 13
I'm still getting this error....and I've tried the above. ERROR: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'IsShiftVolunteer' field formula on the 'Volunteer Shift Workers' is not resulting in a check box when the logged in user is the volunteer, and unchecked when they are not." FUNCTION: it is functioning as expected when I log in as Dan Wong but have myself as volunteer it goes to False; then I go back to record as me with myself as Lookup and it is then checked??????User-added image
B. Wade LovellB. Wade Lovell
This should be a formula field with a return type of checkbox. Then consider Nayana's formula.