function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rebecca Hendricks 3Rebecca Hendricks 3 

limiting docusign templates

We are working on installing DocuSign for Salesforce into our org. However, during the initial pilot testing, it was noted that our reps do not like having to search for the form they want in the entire list of available templates. (We currently have about 26 forms.) They were hoping to have that list reduced to display only the forms that are associated to that Case record type. I believe we can do this by creating a custom button in SF that will launch a custom Lightning Component to allow the user to select a picklist of the forms (the code for the Lightnin Component would use the case's record type information to limit the list). The user would then press another button that would launch DocuSign for Salesforce directing the user to the template for the item they selected in the Component.  I have a few questions:
  • Will it even work this way? I'm still new to Salesforce coding as well as DocuSign for Salesforce (still don't really understand it) but I believe it will work
  • Would the button they press to launch DocuSign for Salesforce have to be a "custom button" and use the custom button code provided in the documentation?
  • I assume that the case information would have to be passed along by the Lightning Component so that DocuSign can assign the forms and such to the case in Salesforce, correct?