function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alan YuenAlan Yuen 

data loader 42.0.0 login problem

I am new in Salesforce. Today I have downloaded Data Loader 42.0.0 to check import functionality from desktop. But when I am trying to get login via Data Loader, it's give error. 'This program cannot display the webpage' when selected OAuth,when I select "Password Authentication", it said "Check your username and password  whereas I can login into salesforce in browser with same credential.

Will someone please help me out this problem?
Best Answer chosen by Alan Yuen
Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hi Alan,
To log into Data loader, your login password is not just your password.
In order to login into Data Loader, your password will be concatenation of your password and the security token.
To get the security for your org, go to my settings by clicking the your name. Go to personal information. Click reset my security token. Your security token will be emailed to you. 
Your login password will be then: your password+security token.

Let me know if it helps.
Thanks

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
You need to use your password + Security token together to login  

To reset it:
Setup > My Personal Information > Reset Security Token

When you get your token and you try to log in to the data loader, your password will be something like the following

Normal Password: password123
Security Token: a1X30000000fKPxEAM

Dataloader Password: password123a1X30000000fKPxEAM

Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hi Alan,
To log into Data loader, your login password is not just your password.
In order to login into Data Loader, your password will be concatenation of your password and the security token.
To get the security for your org, go to my settings by clicking the your name. Go to personal information. Click reset my security token. Your security token will be emailed to you. 
Your login password will be then: your password+security token.

Let me know if it helps.
Thanks

This was selected as the best answer
Alan YuenAlan Yuen
Thank you for your help.
Swati Gupta 95Swati Gupta 95
Thanks for suggestion...but I m having same issue while clicking on login button in data loader ...This program cannot display the webpage is coming instead of Username and password..where I have to put credential..