function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kathryn PuzzangheraKathryn Puzzanghera 

Error Message trying to set up approval process

Hi, I'm getting the error message: There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: [].  I'm working on the module "Customize How Records Get Approved with Approvals".  I've seen that other people have gotten the same error, but none of the solutions seem to apply for whatever is messing mine up.  I've included a screenshot.  Any advice would be appreciated!  Thank you in advance!
User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Kathryn Puzzanghera
Bala Gangadhar VadlamuriBala Gangadhar Vadlamuri
Hi Kathryn Puzzanghera, Initial criteria should be "Account: Type equals Prospect". try changing it.
Regards,
Bala

All Answers

Hi Kathryn Puzzanghera, remove field update in initial submission action and try.

Okay, so I tried that, it didn't work.  Then I put it back in (because it was required for the challenge) and I got a different error message (which I think is progress), but it was very strange:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
SUCCESS: Approval process was found and is active
For whatever reason, I am now back to getting the original error message.  Still would love if anyone has any advice to help me trouble-shoot this!
Hi Kathryn Puzzanghera, Initial criteria should be "Account: Type equals Prospect". try changing it.
Regards,
Bala
This was selected as the best answer
Thank you so much!!