function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 54Glenn Nyhan 54 

Two Factor Authentication Turn Off for User Account but Still Showing Up at Login for New User

Two Factor Authentication Issue

One of our users just moved on to another position. They were logging in with two-factor authentication. We have a temp using that person's account. The problem is while I have removed two-factor authentication from that former users login because it was continuing to go to the former users phone (the temp is using the former users account), it still pops up when the temp tries to login, and obviously we don't have the former users phone. In removing two-factor authentication I assumed it would no longer be an issue for the temp. But, when she logs in it still sends the authentication to the former users phone. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening. I can't seem to find any information online to take care of this issue. 
Best Answer chosen by Glenn Nyhan 54
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Yes .. This is the option you are having now .. 
  • Remove Two-Factor Authentication for User Interface Logins” permission from Profile 
  • Create a permission set and assign it to the with Two-Factor Authentication for User Interface Logins” permission and assign to the users.

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Do this steps 

.1. Go to “Administrative Setup” and then “Manage Users” and “Profiles.” 
2. Uncheck the “Two-Factor Authentication for User Interface Logins” permission

Thanks Raj, but won't this remove it for all users with the profile used by the former employee? 
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Yes .. This is the option you are having now .. 
  • Remove Two-Factor Authentication for User Interface Logins” permission from Profile 
  • Create a permission set and assign it to the with Two-Factor Authentication for User Interface Logins” permission and assign to the users.

This was selected as the best answer
Oh, so basically disconnect for everyone and create new persmission set without the old user...correct?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Yes
Thanks!