function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StenSten 

Api user profile

I want to create profile for api users. I do not wish to give them modify all data permission
due to history of them updating and doing stuff they are not supposed to do.
Will this restrict them from doing their job? In general, can someone please assist me in the right permissions for this users. I am aware of API enabled and api user only.
Also, for API user only, I know they cannot login through the UI. It can only create a session through the API. My question is, just incase I have to give them modify all permission, will they be able to login through the UI and create/ delete records?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Create the API Only profile which will be set as the profile type of the integration user account. And giving modify all  will be able to delete the records and create the records on the object .. if you grant modify all user will get full CRUD permissions
StenSten
Hi Raj, thank you. I know these things you just explained but my question is, after checking api user only, will they be able to do this only through the api or they can log into salesforce like every other user does through the User interface and perform these actions.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
They can able to do it from UI if they have CURD permission ...  If you waned to test .. create a user with API Only profile  and try to login and see