function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laura Babb 4Laura Babb 4 

Convert button on lead object not visible in Lightning

I cannot get the Convert button to be visible on the lead layout in lightning. All the correct permissions are set and the standard button is on the layout. It is visible in Classic, just not lightning. I cannot move it to Salesforce Mobile & Lightning Experience Actions, because it is standard. This is imperative and I cannot figure out the problem! Please help! 
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Laura,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

To convert a Lead, the User(I mean his or her own Profile) needs all these Permissions:
  • “Create” and “Edit” on leads, accounts, contacts, and opportunities AND
  • “Convert Leads” AND
  • “Read” on any related campaigns
You'll need to verify that.

Also, verify that the button is on the page layout they are seeing (from Setup, not from their actual screen). If the button is there but they don't see it when they look at the Lead:

Edit their profile and make sure the "Convert Leads" permission under General User Permissions is checked.

You can check the convert leads permission info from the below help document. Please let us know if this helps.

Happy to help further.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Laura Babb 4Laura Babb 4
HI Nagendra, Thank you for responding! This is why I am so confused. All of the below permissions ARE set and the button is on the layout. I am system admin and I can’t see the button on the actual lead record nor can my sales reps. If I switch back to Classic, I can see the button. It’s only in Lightning. No button: [cid:image002.jpg@01D45C83.1FB53EF0] Page Layout: [cid:image003.jpg@01D45C83.1FB53EF0] And as I mentioned, I have the system admin profile so I have view all/modify all and I also confirmed that I have Convert Leads under general. I appreciate your help – I am at a loss and I need to fix this immediately! Laura Babb | SalesForce System Analyst | Televerde 4636 E. University Dr., Phoenix, AZ USA 85034 Direct 480-771-6727 | Main 480-771-6700 Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog | Televerde.com [cid:image001.png@01D37A63.7631C300]