function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HashiHashi 

DreamHouse app installation fails.

Developer Beginner > Platform Development Basics > Get Started with Salesforce Platform

As indicated in the instruction, I created new Trealhead Playground and tried to install DreamHouse app. Then I encountered a problem. I appreciate if someone can guide me to at where I should look into to resolve the issue.

The installation page
*Choosing "Rename configuraiton ..." option also ended up on the same error screen.
User-added image
The error page

I have also recieved an email regarding this error:
Your request to install package "DreamHouse Summer 2017" was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization was affected.

If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.

Organization: 
User: Shinichi Hashitani
Package: DreamHouse (04tB00000009UeX)

Problem:

1. (Command_Center) Validation Errors While Saving Record(s) There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "You must have My Domain deployed to use component c:PropertyListDaysOnMarketChart.".

2. (Einstein_Vision) Validation Errors While Saving Record(s) There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "You must have My Domain deployed to use component c:EinsteinVisionDashboard.".

3. (House_Explorer1) Validation Errors While Saving Record(s) There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "You must have My Domain deployed to use component c:EinsteinVisionCard.".

4. (Property_Explorer) Validation Errors While Saving Record(s) There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "You must have My Domain deployed to use component c:PriceRange.".

5. (Property_Record_Page) Validation Errors While Saving Record(s) There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "You must have My Domain deployed to use component c:PropertyDaysOnMarketChart.".

6. (dreamhouseApplicationUtilityBar) Validation Errors While Saving Record(s) There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "You must have My Domain deployed to use component c:Bot.".
Best Answer chosen by Hashi
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Hashi,

Mostly this could be the issue with the link which is provided to install the unmanaged package.

As there are two links provided to install the Dreamhouse app, may I suggest you please give a try by installing the unmanaged package for summer17 org which should resolve the issue.

Following is the link which worked fine for me.
Still, if the problem persists please let us know so that we can check with the support team on the following issue.

Hope this helps.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra 

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Hashi,

Mostly this could be the issue with the link which is provided to install the unmanaged package.

As there are two links provided to install the Dreamhouse app, may I suggest you please give a try by installing the unmanaged package for summer17 org which should resolve the issue.

Following is the link which worked fine for me.
Still, if the problem persists please let us know so that we can check with the support team on the following issue.

Hope this helps.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra 
This was selected as the best answer
HashiHashi
Nagendra,

Thank you for the reply.

The apvId was exactly the same with the URL I tried, so I was trying the same package.

However, re-logging in to the environment and selected the already created Playground worked fine with the same setting. I think I should have tried it at least.

Thanks, though!

Regads,
Shin Hashitani
Daff Chan 1Daff Chan 1
Hello,
I failed the installation; therefore, I tried to follow and copied your link https://na43.lightning.force.com/packagingSetupUI/ipLanding.app?apvId=04tB00000009UeX  and pasted it into my DE environment. The link then became https://na22.lightning.force.com/packagingSetupUI/ipLanding.app?apvId=04tB00000009UeX.  However, I am still unable to install DreamHouse. Please advise.

our request to install package "DreamHouse Summer 2017" was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization was affected.

If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.

Organization: GS (00D15000000FUan)
User: Daff Chan (005150000068KsP)
Package: DreamHouse (04tB00000009UeX)

Problem: .....  same as the original post.  
KIRAN HEBBARKIRAN HEBBAR
Create domain ID for your org. go to setup --> domains --> choose domain name --> register it
Chenjun FengChenjun Feng
Same problem. Follow the instruction here http://www.dreamhouseapp.io/installation/. It worked for me.
Alekya AtluriAlekya Atluri
nothing works..even though i created domain it is showing some other errors.

User-added image
Chi NKChi NK
Hi @Nagendra,

Thank for you guide, it worked for me but still can not complete the challenge. They keep showing a error: "You haven't installed the DreamHouse app package." while installation is done. Even I import data successfully.

User-added image

I have a double check and ensure my installing into right place.
User-added image

I try to create new TP, but always get this error:
User-added image

Thanks,
Chi

Charlie R 2Charlie R 2
For the challange, I installed "Trailhead Tracker" and that worked. The AppExchange search takes you there and the link by the challange also.
Mike Wilson 19Mike Wilson 19
I am also having trouble installing Dreamhouse app to complete the hands-on challenge. These are the errors I get:

User-added image

I have tried all the above suggestions with no luck. When I try to download Trailhead Tracker the AppExchange gets stuck in a loop trying to load the login screen. 

Please help me install this app so I can continue my training.

Raheleh KhosravizadRaheleh Khosravizad
Hi,

There is no DearHouse app while I try to find it in AppExchange.
I actually try to install "Trailhead Tracker", but it shows below error:

This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
Insufficient PrivilegesYou do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

James ArnoldJames Arnold
I had the same problem. I initially signed up with a free 30-day trial account, and I guess those accounts don't come with Apex enabled in the Trailhead Plyaground. I signed up for a new Developer account (free), linked it to my first account, and switched the Trailhead playground to the Developer's as default. Then I tried the installation again and it worked!
Pamela BethanyPamela Bethany
I had the same issue not being able to download the dreamhouse app. I resolved it by doing the following. This is for people who also have the 30 day trial along with the Trailhead playground.
1. I have a 30 day free trial with a username and a playground with a different username.
2. When you click the link to install dreamhouse (from the challenge box) is will take you to the window that displays the the boxes to select all users.
3. LOOK at the address in the browser. It should be your playground username, NOT your 30 day trial username.      
4. Replace your 30 day trial username with your playground username. It will then download and you can pass the challenge.
5. Replace the address as in this example -------------https://insert your playground username here-dev-ed.lightning.force.com/.............

Ken Holley 3Ken Holley 3
similar issue for me tofday - followed everthing to the letter! Frustrating!

Duplicate NameThe name "Property__c" is already used on component type: Custom Object Definition. Please rename existing component.
Duplicate NameThe name "Property__c" is already used on component type: Custom Tab Definition. Please rename existing component.

Srividhya SudhakarSrividhya Sudhakar
Hi ,
i am having trouble installing the dream house app for the hands on challenge. I get the error message " cannot install" . i tried follow the steps given in the challenge app, created incognito window and followed as per the guidelines, still getting the same error. Please help. 

Thank you
Srividhya Sudhakar

Ken Holley 5Ken Holley 5
I gave up messing around with all these instructions, created a separate/new Playground and heypresto, it worked. Tick - badge done!
Anie SchaferAnie Schafer
I tried all the suggestions here and James Arnolds' idea,(thank you!!!) from November 22 2017 worked...but only after toggling to and fro MANY MANY times. So, not a perfect sequence of events or actions got me there~persistence is key ; ) Good Luck!
Ana Karen HernandezAna Karen Hernandez
Hello!!! I keep getting this error over and over again:

Any idea how can I solve it?

Duplicate NameThe name "Property__c" is already used on component type: Custom Object Definition. Please rename existing component.
Duplicate NameThe name "Property__c" is already used on component type: Custom Tab Definition. Please rename existing component.

Thanks!
Ranjana N NadigerRanjana N Nadiger
I had a smiliar issue. There was a existing object Properties which had API name property__c. After renaming the API name, app got successfully installed.
Clément SerresClément Serres
I had similar issue Ana: I tried in another playground and another error message : "Dreamhouse already installed"... and yes, it was installed in my TP1...
Paul LambertPaul Lambert
I had similar issues, which I believe occured since I had completed other modules prior to this one that required me to create these objects. I manually renamed the Property object to PropertyV1 and Favorite to Favourite (since I'm Canadian :) ) and the package installed without any further issues.
Dena DonahueDena Donahue
I am having this problem with it.
Apex Classes(classes/HandlerSOQL.cls-meta.xml) Missing featureInstalling this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes
Apex Triggers(triggers/RejectDuplicateFavorite.trigger) Missing featureInstalling this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Triggers
Mark Davis 40Mark Davis 40
Similar - just read the error message.  There's a type called Property which has an api name that clashes.  If you do an earlier trailhead module it gets you to create this so you need to delete or rename before you can do this one..
Sarah Cortes 3Sarah Cortes 3
Screenshot-DreamHouseFail Error Message- Data Limits exceeded- any help appreciated!
Manoj PalakeyManoj Palakey
hi

can anyone help me in installing dreamhouse application, am getting an issue while installing the application

error: This app can't be installed.
Duplicate NameThe name "Property__c" is already used on component type: Custom Object Definition. Please rename the existing component.

I have removed the custom object which is named on the given name still am getting the same issue

thanks 
Debprotim Seal 5Debprotim Seal 5
[RESOLVED]
Hi,

Anyone facing following error:

Solution:
This is caused because you might have completed a trailhead on creating fields in Salesforce before trying this trailhead. In the Field creation Trail head you might have created an custom object named Property. So by default the API name of that object gets named to "Property__c". Just look for that custom object and edit the API name to anything other than "Property__c". And run the install again.

Voila! 

Assaf GlatzerAssaf Glatzer
Thank you! I had the same problem and changing the API name solved it.
Anil Holsumbre 4Anil Holsumbre 4
Thanks Nagendra, your link worked
sanneboina vinodsanneboina vinod
Thanks Nagendra..
Syed Ahmed 852Syed Ahmed 852
I couldn't find the Package ID itself and finally copied it from this page.

When creating an object I too bumped into the same error Duplicate name for Property... I simply went back, created again with a changed spelling to Properti. 

This works too...
shaik sadiq 15shaik sadiq 15
Hi 
I am new to salesforce. can you please help me to install the Dream House app.User-added image
Clément SerresClément Serres
Bonjour,Suite à beaucoup de soucis techniques sur cette boite email, je ne la consulte plus. Vous pouvez désormais m'écrire à l'adresse suivante :clemserres@gmail.com Bien cordialement, Clément Serres
Hunhis WilliaHunhis Willia
you will probably spend most of your time in the writing phase; on the other hand, for a reasoned college-level essay, you will need to spend more time researching your topic and developing an essay writer (https://handmadewriting.com/original argument before you start writing.
Maja NoirMaja Noir
Thank you so much, I have the same issues with DreamHouseapp installation, your post helped me a lot.
Stephen LawanStephen Lawan
Having problem installing the Dreamhouseapp, tried the suggestion here still didn't work. Anyway out?
Jenifer MacwanJenifer Macwan
Having trouble installing Dreamhouse package. I am getting the same error:

I am trying to resolve it with the solution mention above but I can't find the custom object named Property or custom Tab. 
Has anyone has faced this issue. Please advice on it. facing the same issue in other modules as well.
Hellllppppppp!!!!!!!!
Aryan Gupta 11Aryan Gupta 11
Dreamhouse always does that. 
Aryan Gupta 11Aryan Gupta 11
I kno a seeti wr yu yern froms blok, kno hou dis heir https://blogseva.com/blog-se-paise-kaise-kamaye-in-hindi-2021/
haiwen chenhaiwen chen
similar issue for me tofday - followed everthing to the letter! Frustrating!

But i can't rename !
Helppppppppp!