function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hey SandboxHey Sandbox 

Send Email and Case close

We just started using Case management for our Support group. One of the issues they've raised is related to Closing a Case. 
They don't want have to seperately click 'Send' mail to the customer with case closing message then click 'Close Case' to close the case. 
They would like use standard Email tab by sending Email and change status as Closed from Standard Email page layout.

Can anyone suggest how I would go about doing that?

User-added image

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant
JohnHernandez.ax1746JohnHernandez.ax1746
Hi Prashant,

If you need a custom message, i would look into a workflow with a screen that allows the user to type a custom message.  Otherwise, i'd try to send an email alert from process builder.

Regards,

John
Ido Greenbaum 10Ido Greenbaum 10
Hi Prashant,
I am fully with you on this one. 
In the classic console, we were able to add that in the 'Feed View' setup of the Case Page Layout as follows: 

User-added image

This is very much needed in Lightning. I'm curious to hear if this is somehow possible with the existing Lightning customizatioin level (perhaps re-writing the Email Publisher as a component...?)
Brian Karcinski 18Brian Karcinski 18
You can put a checkbox on the Email Message object and then put that on the Email Message page layout.  Setup a flow that when it is checked the case status is updated to closed.  This comes pretty close to what the classic console had.
Brian Karcinski 18Brian Karcinski 18
User-added image