function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eric PohlabelEric Pohlabel 

I am running into this error in several of my process flows "The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id because it hasn't been set or assigned." Even though I am incorporating criteria to check for isNull.

This has happened in a number of different flows and I cant pinpoint how to prevent it.  Here is an example:
"The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id because it hasn't been set or assigned."
This error is occuring in a flow...but in the flow criteria I have the folllowing line:

"[Account].Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id Is null Boolean False"

I thought that would prevent the flow from attempting to complete the Action if the Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id field was empty...but instead it is causing the flow to error and the user is unable to save the record that started the flow.  The desired behavior is that if the Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id is empty, the flow should simply stop and do nothing else - not throw an error and prevent the user from progressing.
Best Answer chosen by Eric Pohlabel
venkat-Dvenkat-D
Do null check for Content_Editor_Contact__c first and then do your logic. By using Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id you are directly trying to get Id of a null reference. 

All Answers

venkat-Dvenkat-D
Do null check for Content_Editor_Contact__c first and then do your logic. By using Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id you are directly trying to get Id of a null reference. 
This was selected as the best answer
Eric PohlabelEric Pohlabel
Ohhhhhhh!  Thank you!