function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Akiko KoizumiAkiko Koizumi 

Why does my trigger populate lastmodifiedby with a different user from the running user?

Hi there,

I've encountered a problem... My trigger (before insert/update) for Account page seems to work unexpectedly and so strangely.
According to Debug log, user A fired the trigger for over 1000 account pages within a few minutes but the user A didn't access/edit the account pages. Besides, the lastmodifiedby of these account pages indicated another user, user B who never access to the pages as well.

Here is my trigger which is for populating text field "IPs_Copy__c" to judge if the rick text field  "IPs__c" is updated or not.

trigger UpdateIPsCopy on Account (before insert, before update) {
    For (Account A:Trigger.new){
        if(A.IPs__c != null) {
             A.IPs_Copy__c = A.IPs__c.left(100) ;
            }
         return;
        }
}

This strange updates had happened almost everyday in my org until the trigger was deactivated. 
Any possible scenario which causes this kind situation or any advice on what I should do to find the factor of this strange situation??   
You kind advice would be highly appreciated.

My org has Rollup helper application. Can this relate this issue?? 
venkat-Dvenkat-D
Check if there are any scheduled batch classes or rollup helper has scheduled funcationality. Generally scheduled classes run as the user who creates them. 
Hi venkat-D, 
Many thanks for your reply!

I found several scheduled rollups running every 3 hours.
Can they fire my trigger??
Because almost all of the debug log related to the rollup helper are in a managed package, I cannot see the details.

Oddly , the user firing the trigger and  the user indicated as lastmodifiedby are not always same...they're different depends on the day.

If the rollup helper causes the issue, how can I solve the issue??