function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alfred smithalfred smith 

permission set matches with profiles!

Hi
are there any matches between profile and permission set?
for example, in a new user, I have to match one of my profiles to the user, but where should I match the permission set to the user to complete details of permission? cause you know that profile itself does not solve the problem of access permission to a field in each object, it just solves the problem of access permission to an object.
is that correct or not
regards 
Alf
Best Answer chosen by alfred smith
Rafael Suarez 13Rafael Suarez 13
Hi Alfred-
Upon reading "where should I match the permission set to the user to complete details of permission"
Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but have you checked the Permission Set 'Manage Assignments' Button, at the top of the permission set record page ?

BTW, AM is correct, you wouldn't set access to a field with a permission set. You use the 'FLS' settings at each field to Blank, Read Only or RW, and assign at profile level. You cannot assign permissions to fields at user or group level. This isn't Windows ACLs.

Good Luck
Rafa

All Answers

UC InnovationUC Innovation
Hi Alfred,

If I understand correctly you should set access permissions to fields for specific profiles on the field itself using 'Set Field-Level Security'.

Hope this helps!

AM
Rafael Suarez 13Rafael Suarez 13
Hi Alfred-
Upon reading "where should I match the permission set to the user to complete details of permission"
Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but have you checked the Permission Set 'Manage Assignments' Button, at the top of the permission set record page ?

BTW, AM is correct, you wouldn't set access to a field with a permission set. You use the 'FLS' settings at each field to Blank, Read Only or RW, and assign at profile level. You cannot assign permissions to fields at user or group level. This isn't Windows ACLs.

Good Luck
Rafa
This was selected as the best answer
alfred smithalfred smith
Hi Guys
thanks everyone for doing your best, your help was so valuable.
Wish you all success during your work
Best
Alf