function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brad WrightBrad Wright 

Doing the Trailhead Challenges. I am stuck on this... when trying to download from the AppExchange, it keep directing it to my live environment and not my Hands On Org. HELP. It's driving me a little nuts..

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Brad,

May I request you to please confirm the challenge which you are validating.

Usually following are the steps to validate the challenge successfully with trailhead.
  • Login to trailhead with your trailhead username and password.
  • Select the module or challenge which you want to validate in your hands on org.
  • Now when you get into the challenge in the bottom of the page you will be able to see an option of launch your hands on org as below. If you select this option a new hands-on org will be launched(Trailhead Playground which is also a developer org). User-added image
  • If you perform the challenge in trailhead playground make sure that trailhead playground is set as default for validating the challenge as below.
User-added image
  • If you want to validate the challenge with any of your existing developer org then select log into developer edition option from the dropdown of launch your hands on org as below.
User-added image
  • Provide your developer org credentials and make sure it is set as default org to validate the trailhead challenges as below.
User-added image
  • Now you will be able to validate the challenge successfully.
Please check with below links for more information. Please mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Regards,
Nagendra.
Brad WrightBrad Wright
Hi. The issue is with the "Extending Reports using the AppExchange". I try to add the Dashboards from the AppExchange, that is the challenge for this module, to my Hand On org but it keeps trying to install in my actual production instance. Here's the link directly to this module. https://trailhead.salesforce.com/reports_dashboards/reports_dashboards_appexchange Thanks, Brad
Brad WrightBrad Wright
Also, I might add I am on a Mac, not a PC
Brooke JohnsonBrooke Johnson
I am having exact same issue, on "assessing the quality of data", installing the "data.com assessment app". it gives me error that i do not have permission to install apps.

Amandine Bernard 6Amandine Bernard 6
Same here for all modules where downloading something from the AppExchange is requested.
Brad WrightBrad Wright
Glad I'm not the only one.... well, not glad, but you know what I mean.