function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
A9865A9865 

Edit table does not update database after save

I have the problem that my editable table does not update when I hit the "save" button. I tried inline editing and normal editing, nothing would save. Although I referred to a standard controller, I prefer the solution with a custom controller.

<apex:page standardController="Dev_Request__c" extensions="tableDevRequest_edit">
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageblock mode="inlineEdit"> 
            <apex:pageMessages />  
            <apex:pageBlockButtons > 
            <!--<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!saveTable}" id="saveButton" rendered="{!editTable==true}" immediate="true"/>-->
            <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!saveTable}" id="saveButton" immediate="true"/>
            <apex:commandButton id="cancelButton" value="Cancel"/> 
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>  

<apex:pageblocktable value="{!lstDevRequest_edit}"  var="item">
                    <apex:column headerValue="Dev Request Name"><apex:actionRegion ><apex:outputField value="{!item.Name}"><apex:inlineEditSupport event="ondblClick" showOnEdit="saveButton,cancelButton" /></apex:outputField></apex:actionRegion></apex:column>
                    <apex:column headerValue="Id"><apex:outputField value="{!item.Id}"/></apex:column>
                    <apex:column headerValue="Status"><apex:inputField value="{!item.Status__c}"/></apex:column>
                    <apex:column headerValue="Start Date"><apex:inputField value="{!item.Start_Date__c}"/></apex:column>
                    <apex:column headerValue="Due Date QA"><apex:inputField value="{!item.Due_Date_QA__c}"/></apex:column>
                    <apex:column headerValue="Estimated Hours"><apex:inputField value="{!item.Estimated_Hours__c}"/></apex:column>
                    <apex:column headerValue="Assignee"><apex:inputField value="{!item.Assignee__c}"/></apex:column>
                    <apex:column headerValue="Overview"><apex:inputField value="{!item.Overview__c}"/></apex:column>
             </apex:pageblocktable>

</apex:pageblock>
    </apex:form>

public with sharing class tableDevRequest_edit {

public List<Dev_Request__c> lstDevRequest_edit {get;set;}

public tableDevRequest_edit(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
        lstDevRequest_edit = [Select Id, Name, Assignee__c, Assignee__r.Name, Start_Date__c, Due_Date_QA__c, Estimated_Hours__c, Estimated_Completion_Date__c, Status__c, Overview__c from Dev_Request__c];
    }

public PageReference saveTable() {
        try {
            update lstDevRequest_edit;
        }   
        catch(Exception e){
            System.debug('Exception occurred '+String.valueOf(e));
        }
        return NULL;
    }     
}

Thank you for helping!
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
The issue here is that you have set the immediate attribute to true on the save button.

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!saveTable}" id="saveButton" immediate="true"/>

The docs state that this skips validation rules, but it also doesn't postback any changes that the user has made so the record values in the controller will be the same as when you queried them from the database.

A9865A9865
Great! Thank you very much! That was it!