function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sandra WicketSandra Wicket 

Update Account after Email Message

Hi there, 
is it possoble to update the Account Type after an Email Message is sent ?  It tried the process builder, but it did not work. The Email is related to the Account. Thanks for your help guys ! ;)  
Best Answer chosen by Sandra Wicket
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Sandra,

How are you sending the email ? From the Activity related list in Account ? If yes then a record is created in the Task object everytime an email is sent with Tasksubtype as Email. So you can configure a process on the Task in your process builder and update the related Account field. Hive this a try and let me know if you face any issues.

All Answers

Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Sandra,

How are you sending the email ? From the Activity related list in Account ? If yes then a record is created in the Task object everytime an email is sent with Tasksubtype as Email. So you can configure a process on the Task in your process builder and update the related Account field. Hive this a try and let me know if you face any issues.
This was selected as the best answer
Sandra WicketSandra Wicket
@Akhil, Thanks mate ! That was too easy :D I thought the Email Message is separte object
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
You are right that Email Message is a separate object, but then it's used with the Case object ! :)