function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Grant Ongstad 3Grant Ongstad 3 

Contact to Multiple Accounts

Hello community!

Current Issue: My org uses a custom object that allows a contact to belong to multiple accounts, in addition to that, the object also allows you to relate the same contact to the same account many times - We do this because we have several purposes for the same contact - they might be a sales contact for one department and invoice contact for another.

I was exploring Contact to Multiple Accounts functionality and i noticed that you cannot relate the same contact more than once on an account. Is there a way to override this validation?
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
please check below post
1) http://amitsalesforce.blogspot.com/2016/09/setup-muliple-account-for-contact.html

Setup Muliple Account for Contact 

1) Click on Setup, enter Account Settings in Quick Find, then choose Account Settings.
2) choose permit "Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts"
3) Add Contacts related list to the account page layouts that your reps use.
4) Add the Related Accounts list to the contact page layouts your reps use.

Let us know if this will help you

sfdcFanBoysfdcFanBoy

You may also follow this trailhead which clearly explains with screenshots as well on - Contacts to multiple accounts relationship

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/admin_intro_accounts_contacts/admin_intro_accounts_contacts_relationships

Grant Ongstad 3Grant Ongstad 3
Hey guys,
Thanks for the response, but the issue isnt with setting up Contacts to Multiple Accounts - I have done that. I wanted to know if there was a way to bypass the validation that prevents relating the same contact more than once on the same account. If a contact has more than one roles, I would like them to appear more than once as a related contact.

Best,
Grant
David PattisonDavid Pattison
Hi Grant, the Roles field is a multi-select pick list, so a single record can combine them