function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matthew LohMatthew Loh 

Is it possible to have an automated email alert from an Approval Process which sends the PDF attached to that object as an attachment in that email template?

I am referring to the Contract object.

My org has a handover between the Sales and Tech teams, because after customers sign our contracts, we upload them to use the submit approval to get it to go to the tech team.

However, the tech team requires the signed contract. Right now the email template works fine, because it gives the link to that Contract but there are extra steps required to click the attachment then having to download it.

I saw some apps on the appexchange which allow emails to be sent with attachments, but these are manual email buttons and are not automated within the approval process. This means users would have to click send email --> select template --> select attachments --> select email recipient --> send.

What I would like is so that the moment the record is submitted for approval, the email template goes together with all attachments on that object. 

Is this possible? I saw some discussion https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008xAUIAY here about email attachments and PDFs in a custom VF page, but I'm not sure it's to the same goal I am trying to achieve.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Matthew LohMatthew Loh
Note, I can't use the attachment in the email template page because every attachment on each record is different (since they are all different contracts).