function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rekha Mandava 5Rekha Mandava 5 

Challenge: Unable to create a Button

Hi,

Can anyone please help me out from this issue in Trailhead challenges.
I am unable to create a Button. I have attached the steps below how I have proceeded.

Step1: I have created a Google Info button. Attached screenshot below.
User-added image

Step2: Created layout

User-added image

Step: Layout view

User-added image

step4: Error showing

User-added image
Vivek C 1Vivek C 1
Hi Rekha,

While clicking the Button does it redirects to google.com with the Contact Name as the search option. If yes the button works perfectly.

But the error is something different and its due to some record types. I dont know why this is happening, all i can tell you is that where i was also facing the same issue with this trail "Customizing Navigation, Buttons, and Links".

What i had done is i created a new Developer org and tried the same thing on it. No change, Nothing followed the same steps which i had done on my previous org. It works fine and i was able to clear the trail.

Please try the same trial in a new developer org and let us know if the same error is happening again,

Regards,
Vivek 
Hi Vivek,

When I click on the button, it is not redirecting to google.com. The button is not working perfectly.
And Thank you for your Information. I will try through the Developer Organization and let you know.

Thanks
Rekha
Vivek C 1Vivek C 1
Try this as the URL, you have missed the # in your URL. May be that would be the reason.
http://google.com?#q={!Contact.Name}
Also can you please post a screen short what you see after clicking the Google Info button.

Ok Vivek. Thank you.