function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SunilKumarSunilKumar 

How to bind two datasets in wave analytics

I am new to wave analytics ,
How to bind two datasets in a single dashboards
Best Answer chosen by SunilKumar
Leo10Leo10
Hi SunilKmar
SAQL has a co-grouping function which allows you to join two or more datasets together. This allows for both inner and outer joins.
You can refer this link.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.bi_dev_guide_saql.meta/bi_dev_guide_saql/bi_saql_statement_group.htm

Another option is to pull the data into Wave using a Dataflow, here you can use the Augment function however at the moment the types of join that can be done in the Dataflow are more limited, e.g. for multiple matches, the only option is the have the returned results in acomma-separated list rather than multiple rows.

Thank you

All Answers

Leo10Leo10
Hi SunilKmar
SAQL has a co-grouping function which allows you to join two or more datasets together. This allows for both inner and outer joins.
You can refer this link.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.bi_dev_guide_saql.meta/bi_dev_guide_saql/bi_saql_statement_group.htm

Another option is to pull the data into Wave using a Dataflow, here you can use the Augment function however at the moment the types of join that can be done in the Dataflow are more limited, e.g. for multiple matches, the only option is the have the returned results in acomma-separated list rather than multiple rows.

Thank you
This was selected as the best answer
Leo10Leo10
Hi
you can reach me at nabeelkt11@gmail.com

Thank you
Brooke HarperBrooke Harper
I mainly do this by pulling the data using a Dataflow into Wave. I haven't really tried the first one yet, I'll take note of this. Thanks Nabeel!
rajat Maheshwari 6rajat Maheshwari 6

Hi Nabeel,

Hope you are doing great !!!

I've send you the mail about the issue corresponding to same issue. 

Actually Below is requirement : - 

I want to bind two dataset using SAQL query, so that I'll be able to plot the graphical representation . Two datasets are corresponding to same sObject, where 1st dataset is assigning security predicates on basis of ownership and another dataset will be open for all.

Below is my effort : - 

1. I've go to one lens (1st dataset) and written SAQL (For bind dataset)  something like : - 

AccountLedger1 = load "0Fb28000000L640CAC"; 

AccountLedger2 = load "0Fb28000000L63vCAC"; 
b = cogroup AccountLedger1 by Id, AccountLedger2 by Id; 
Result = foreach b generate count(AccountLedger1 ) as 'Total AccountLedger1 ', count(AccountLedger2) as 'Total AccountLedger2' ;

It is giving me error while running the query : - 

You can’t use the following datasets in this query because they aren’t included in the dashboard: [0Fb28000000L63vCAC]

Please give me some way ,so that It would be make it work for me . It is really urgent

Thanks
Rajat Maheshwari

rajatzmaheshwari@gmail.com

Nordine BensadiaNordine Bensadia
Hi,

You should try adding in your dashboard any step using your "0Fb28000000L63vCAC" dataset, and then re-run your query.

Nordine.
Anvesh Kuppili 20Anvesh Kuppili 20
Hi Rajat,

Create a dashboard, then add two charts/Tables which includes two datasets individually. Then try to create a chart/table then add both the load statements. Run the query.

It worked for me.

Anvesh