function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
debradebra 

Error when trying to activate an Order - "Order Start Date can't be later than its contract's end date"

I have a Flow that does order activation and it is working fine in one sandbox but deployed to a 2nd sandbox and getting this error:
FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION: Order Start Date can't be later than its contract's end date.

Has anyone seen this error?   I checked and double-checked the Contract and Order and the start/end date values are OK.  The Order start/end dates are within the Contract's start/end dates.

Any tips are much appreciated - I am scheduled to demo this flow today but maybe not :-O
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
HI debra,

Presuming that your flow is like similar mentioned in this link : https://automationchampion.com/2014/03/06/orders-management-in-salesforce-part-1/ (#)

and regarding your error please check Order Start Date can’t be earlier than the contract start date. 

let me know if this helped you !!

Thanks

debradebra
I checked and rechecked the order start date is not before contract start date and order end date is not after contract end date.
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
can you please create make a difference of 7-10 days between both the dates and try. or do you have any other sandbox to verify.

Thanks 
debradebra
Tried making contract dates one month before and one month after the order dates but still got errors.
Also my contract could have multiple orders each with different dates but I have confirmed none of the orders have dates outside the contract dates.  I have a fairly complex flow involved with the activation process so I'm going to do a extra careful review of the Flow although it has been working for most cases.
debradebra
Just noticed that when I activate an Order the system appears to update the Contract end date to match order end date - I double checked and I have no workflow/flow that would do this.  This seems odd as I have other previously created/activated orders on the same Contract with later end dates???