function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David Hickman 15David Hickman 15 

Map Your Workflow Actions to Process Actions - "Create contract for closed opportunity" isn't properly configured

I've been working on this trail for a bit - and while I undertsand the concepts, I'm stumped on why I'm getting this error: 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
A Create a Record action for the Closed Won criteria node isn't properly configured. Make sure that it creates a draft contract according to the instructions in the ‘Create contract for closed opportunity’ task action. Make sure that Start Date is set by using a formula.

I've gone over all of the workflow tasks information to recreate the contact. If I activate the process and close an opportunity, it creates a contract with the expected information and the date is 1mo away with 12mo term. The workflow's task (which is the template for the actual contract) specifies the following: 

Use the closed opportunity to create a contract for the associated account. 

Account: The account associated with this opportunity
Contract Start Date: 1 month from today
Contract Term: 12
Here are my actions: 
User-added image

The Contract Start Date is set to the following formula:
DATE(
    YEAR(Today()) +
    FLOOR((1 + MONTH(Today())) / 12) -
    IF (MOD(MONTH(Today()) + 1, 12) = 0,
        0),

MOD((1 + MONTH(Today()) - 1), 12) + 1,

DAY(Today())
)

Again, for all practical purposes I'm passing this, as it functions and the contract is created. But I must be missing some small detail, named field, something that's tripping up the validation settings. Any help is appreciated!

Best Answer chosen by David Hickman 15
MedhanieHabteMedhanieHabte
I was stuck on this humdinger as well. But finally I got it to pass by having the description field match up with the comment field on the task.

Make sure your string is set to "Follow up with the customer on the contract for this account.​" and that'll get you a nice shiny badge.

218 for me!

User-added image

All Answers

Kevin SaldanhaKevin Saldanha
Trying changing Contract Start Date to TODAY() + 30
This seems to have worked for me. Atleast, I am not getting the error.

However, I am having issue with the other Task "Follow up on new contract". Did that work for you? Please let me know what you did.
TODAY()+30 works. I know I'd tried that before, but I must have had other errors or didn't read it right the time I saw it and then assumed (ha! big mistake) that +30 wasn't good enough as that's not *really* a month. 

I too am stuck on the "follow up on new contract" one now. I've got  the Due Date Only set to "[Opportunity].CloseDate + 9". I'll keep poking this and let you know how I fare. In the meantime, thanks for the help earlier! 
Alap MistryAlap Mistry
I am also stuck on the "follow up on new contract". I've got the Due Date Only set to "[Opportunity].CloseDate + 9". I think formula is correct, but salesforce don't check as our expectation. May be salesforce fixed this problem.
Lehel GyeresiLehel Gyeresi
For the "Follow up on new Contract", don't forget to set the Description. This worked for me:

User-added image
Hans LissHans Liss
I'm also stuck on this unit, and it complains about the "Create contract for closed opportunity" action. I've tried absolutely everything I can think of, including several different date formulas. It always gives the exact same error even when I try to trigger other errors, which leads me to think that something else is wrong.
Hans LissHans Liss
I found the problem: I had used a Formula to set the AccountId on the Contract. When I changed to a Reference, it moved on the the next error, on the Task action. Since I'd done the same thing there, on the Assigned To ID field, I changed that to a Reference as well, and finally passed the challenge.
I think this module has taken more time than almost all others, including most Projects and some SuperBadges..
Shalom RubdiShalom Rubdi
So I am getting the error now about the Due Date Only on the task created in the Closed Won node not using a formula.  As you can see from the image below, this clearly is a formula so something must be awry with the unit test
Due Date Only field is configured using a formula, but Trailhead is throwing an error indicating otherwise
Shalom RubdiShalom Rubdi
Activated the process, then created an opportunity record & updated status to Closed Won through the UI - the task does get created per the conditions as stated...  A bit frustrated as this is the last unit remaining for the module & it is simply not passing. 

Task created as expected
Hans LissHans Liss
Shalom, Just to make sure, try renaming the action from "Follow Up Task" to "Follow up on new contract". Might as well eliminate all potential problems.
Michele Losch 4Michele Losch 4
Hi I'm having an issue creating the action for Deselect Account: Active Opportunity any assistance would be appreciated. 
Hans LissHans Liss
Michele, what is the problem? Embarassingly, I got stuck for a while on the "Select a Record to Update" dialog since I thought I was supposed to choose the "Active Opportunity" field in that dialog - after all, it does say "You have selected the following field:" after you've selected something. Turns out you just select the "Account ID" record there and select the field later.
Michele Losch 4Michele Losch 4
Hans, turns out I was just over thinking the process. Thanks for the help. 
Shalom RubdiShalom Rubdi
Thanks Hans - made the update to the task name, but still get the same error...
I was stuck on this humdinger as well. But finally I got it to pass by having the description field match up with the comment field on the task.

Make sure your string is set to "Follow up with the customer on the contract for this account.​" and that'll get you a nice shiny badge.

218 for me!

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Shalom RubdiShalom Rubdi
Thank you Medhanie!  That did the trick - I was missing a period at the end of my Description String value.  Crazy that it took this much with lots of help from so many others.  It really does take a village sometimes :)

Thanks again!
Can confirm. I was stuck on thinking it couldn't validate my date formulas and other complicated matters. All that really was required was the Subject and Description set as above. Thanks for the help! 
Martin Bristow 5Martin Bristow 5
Hans ...I am in that embarassment phase at the moment for the update Active Oppfortunity.  When selecting a 'Record Type' to update I assume you mean I select the Opportunity record..... but then how do I get to the Active Opportunity ...which resides in the Account?   If I select a related record to Opportunity for my 'Record type' and select Account ID, I don't see Active Opportunity...so what do I select to get to the Account?
Just the account id and active opportunity field that's there. We're updating the account in this case rather than the opportunity.
Hans LissHans Liss
@Martin Bristow 5, you first select "Select a record related to the Opportunity" and then you find and select the "Account ID" entry, and click Choose. Then you can select the "Active Opportunity" field in the Field box under "Set new field values for the records you update".
Martin Bristow 5Martin Bristow 5
Thanks @Hans Liss. Can't think why I wasn't seeing it!
J.D. DooleyJ.D. Dooley
I am thankful to have a place to  learn and practive, but the feedback Salesforce provides when they find an error is not very useful.
It's a pain especially when simple syntax issues take hours to figure out.
Alap MistryAlap Mistry
I passed this challenge using Assigned To ID field value set to [Opportunity].Account.OwnerId.
Emilien Guichard 40Emilien Guichard 40
Hello, i am also stuck at the contract record creation with the same error :

User-added image

Here is my actions :
User-added image

Could you please advise ?

Thanks a lot!
Hans LissHans Liss
@Emilien Looks like your problem isn't in the "Create Contract for closed opportunity" action, but in the "Follow up on new contract" Task creation action. Can you post a screenshot of that instead?
Hello Hans, thanks for your answer, below a screenshot :

User-added image
Just created a post about this in the Traiheal Success Community : https://success.salesforce.com/_ui/core/chatter/groups/GroupProfilePage?g=0F9300000009Nek
Alap MistryAlap Mistry
@Emilien Guichard
Make sure Assigned To ID field value set to [Opportunity].Account.OwnerId.
Is was set to [Opportunity].Account.Owner.Id

It has worked, thank you very to all of you for your help !
Alap MistryAlap Mistry
Welcome Emilien Guichard.

Regards,
Alap Mistry
Alex BeliganAlex Beligan
@Hans Liss can you please take a look at my process. I get the same error : 
A Create a Record action for the Closed Won criteria node isn't properly configured. Make sure that it creates a draft contract according to the instructions in the ‘Create contract for closed opportunity’ task action. Make sure that Start Date is set by using a formula. 

User-added image

Everita MackoEverita Macko
I have same problem

User-added image
User-added image
LaurentLaurent
I'm also stuck here with same question that anybody else in this thread. I've double, triple checks the text values, account ID is set correctly, formula used, subject & description set as mentionned above. And still refuing to validate the challenge. What's wrong with this module???

User-added image
Dave ParadiseDave Paradise
Looks like I'm just the latest victim of this one:
"A Create a Record action for the Closed Won criteria node isn't properly configured. Make sure that it creates a draft contract according to the instructions in the ‘Create contract for closed opportunity’ task action. Make sure that Start Date is set by using a formula."

User-added image
User-added image

On the plus side, out of 120+ badges so far, only 2 modules have had broken challenges and this is the 2nd.
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Thanks @Dave Paradise for alerting our team to the thread. 

Everyone: We've been working for the past couple of weeks to redo this challenge, based on feedback from the community. We're working with members of the community to test the replacement now. Look for a new challenge next week. My apologies for the frustration any of you have encountered working on this challenge.
Hugo Gimenez FrancoHugo Gimenez Franco
Hello all, is there any update on challenge? I can´t either complete this module...
Ksenia LawrenceKsenia Lawrence
How did you go, Hugo? Do you still have issues?

Ghanshyam Kumar 9Ghanshyam Kumar 9

Hi,

I created my process like this and it's working. See the Image.

This process creates the task. For the "Assigned to Id" field I have used "Opportunity.Account.OwnerId".
Task Creation Process

The below process creates the contract. Here Account ID is Opportunity.AccountId. We can't use Account.OwnerId because a contract has to associate with an account, not the user.
Create Contract
Thanks,

Aron Schor [Dev]Aron Schor [Dev]
Hi, I am getting error:
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0010a00001DvrRaAAJ; first error: DELETE_FAILED, Your attempt to delete Astro Inc. could not be completed because it is associated with the following cases.: 00001130 : []

Not sure what I am missing.  I have tried many things.
User-added image
User-added image
thanks, Aron
Risako TakemasuRisako Takemasu
Hello Aron,
I was basically having the same problem with you.
Have you tried making the same process on a Trailhead Playground?
Things may change (At least It worked for me). 
Deepal Dsilva.Deepal Dsilva.
I too am facing the same error... Has anyone been able to resolve this?

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0016A000006MCHbQAO; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Cannot delete Account with related opportunities.
Guillaume Loubier CGIGuillaume Loubier CGI
@Deepal Dsilva:  Open de Developer Console, change de log levels to debug, and run the validation, You will be able to debug and see the error.
In my case, there was a trigger on Account (AccountDeletion) which has been created in another trail that was causing the error
Mayur$fdc99Mayur$fdc99

I am facing same issues still got stuck...Please anyone can help... for challenge Workflow Rule Migration>>Map Your Workflow Actions to Process Actions
 "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
We updated an opportunity's stage to Closed Won, but a draft contract for the associated account wasn't created. Make sure the Closed Won criteria node and its associated action are configured correctly."

Kind Regards

Mayur 

YvonneWYvonneW
@Mayur

Criteria1User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Martin Hurst 9Martin Hurst 9
Re: TrailHead trail: Workflow Rule Migration - Map Your Workflow Actions to Process Actions Challenge error

Trying to do the challenge, please see screen shot.

But getting error message:
We updated an opportunity's stage to Closed Won, but a draft contract for the associated account wasn't created. Make sure the Closed Won criteria node and its associated action are configured correctly.

I searched this forum and it shows the same problem that other users are having with this challenge:
Map Your Workflow Actions to Process Actions - "Create contract for closed opportunity" isn't properly configured - Salesforce Developer Community:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=9060G000000IAbGQAW

Here is a screen shot of how I created criteria and action steps:

Map Your Workflow Actions to Process Actions Challenge error

Here is a zoom in of how I got it to work and pass the challenge.
I also had to Activate the process.

Workflow Rule Migration Process Actions Challenge error - fix
Mayur$fdc99Mayur$fdc99

@YvonneW , Thank you. It worked for me.  A small mistake i did action item got swapped TASK & CONTRACT  which fine now...
Thank you once again. IF anyone finding any difficulty I can help Directly email me: mayurcgisolanki@gmail.com

The new problem is here...challenge clear but I am trying to create new opprotunity to test I am getting below error:

abcd 

Rahul Kumar 455Rahul Kumar 455
@Martin Hurst 9 
Contract object has 4 mandatory fields
1)Account Name
2)Status
3)Contract Start Date
4)Contract Term (months)
Add remaining fields should resolve your error.
arif ahmed 1arif ahmed 1
Hello Guys,
I am stuck on this badge too, my create task and create contract is not working, I will appreciate if anyone can help me spot the issue.

Create Contract Actions

Created Task is not working either

Create Task Actions
Assigned to ID = Opportunity.Account.OwnerID
Subject=Follow up with the customer on the contract for this account.​
Paul McCarty AgainPaul McCarty Again
I am also having trouble with this unit, but my error seems a little more incomprehensible:

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0061I000001vK9zQAE; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 3011I000000H2TS. Flow error messages: An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information. Contact your administrator for help.: []

I got this error in 2 different playgrounds - one that I typically use to tackle challenges, and one that I created fresh for this challenge. I have no idea where to even start unpacking this error!
Rose FarnhamRose Farnham
I am having a problem with the Contract being created.  Here are the screen prints for Closed Won and Create Draft Contract.
User-added image
User-added image
I have also tried including the Contract Term, Contract Start Date and Description.
Here is the message I get when from Trailhead challenge:
We updated an opportunity's stage to Closed Won, but a draft contract for the associated account wasn't created. Make sure the Closed Won criteria node and its associated action are configured correctly.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, please help.
Thanks,
Rose
Raymond PinxterenRaymond Pinxteren
@Ghanshyam Kumar 9 Thank you very much for your GREAT Support!
Jonas Schmid 10Jonas Schmid 10
Did everything according to the youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCdL-Q0CjEk&feature=youtu.be
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
We found an opportunity that's associated with a Banking account and updated the stage to Closed Won, but a task wasn't created for the account owner to complete 7 days from today. Make sure that the Closed Won and Banking criteria node and its associated action are configured correctly."

I have the feeling that a former trailhead is mixing it up (has been the case a lot in this module, eg. with required fields) In the current case i get an email to approve a discount on the opportunity, can it be that this former task messes with the created process? 
Tyleshia AvantTyleshia Avant
Has anyone found a fix to this issue. I continue to have the same error:
I have read all of the forums, and watched the supporting Youtube video. Here are my screens:
Closed Won and BankingClosed Won

Any suggestions would be great. I really need to finish this Suprbadge :). Thanks in advance!
pranesh songapranesh songa
User-added imageHi I have completed the challenge User-added image

Please view the screen shots and activate the process as i have already activated you will see :deactivate in the above screen shots
Julien Montier 2Julien Montier 2
For those of you still strugling :

I was having the same error as everybody despite the process being correct.
I created a brand new trailhead playground and it solved the issue.

Goodluck to all
Sally CampbellSally Campbell
Thanks to Pranesh Songa - I followed screens above and passed the challenge. 
T-HibbsT-Hibbs
Hi All - 

Same issue still popping up after the rework of the module. I'm getting this error:

We found an opportunity that's associated with a Banking account and updated the stage to Closed Won, but a task wasn't created for the account owner to complete 7 days from today. Make sure that the Closed Won and Banking criteria node and its associated action are configured correctly.

Here's the screenshot:
User-added image

I've tried many of the configurations mentioned above (adding subject/description doesn't work either) - this is also in a brand new org so there's no residual/conflicting configurations. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Taylor H.

Lisa BrownLisa Brown
I'm having the same issue and have spent way too much time trying various options - none have worked. "We updated an opportunity's stage to Closed Won, but a draft contract for the associated account wasn't created. Make sure the Closed Won criteria node and its associated action are configured correctly." My node is for Closed Won and associated action is on the Opportunity's Account ID. What gives??
User-added image
Michael UtsmanMichael Utsman
I am having the same issue as well. Just like Lisa Brown, I have spent way too much time trying various options and none have worked.
screenshot of closed won section of challenge
raymond wangraymond wang
Hi Michael,

Please refer to my thread: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9060G000000MOfWQAW

Hope that helps.

Raymond
Dileep KatariDileep Katari
Process builder criteria 1Process builder criteria 2
Dileep KatariDileep Katari
The above steps worked for me. Simple and to the point!
Jennifer BudzekJennifer Budzek
This also worked for me - I made a new playground. Word to the wise, it will give you the same error message saying you messed up the contract even if the problem is really that you forgot to hit "activate" at the end.
PEDRO PRADAPEDRO PRADA
I was going crazy with this one... You have to do it in a brand new org.  Or else I continued to get the issue that a contract could not be created.....
NandhuNandhu

Challenge not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 1

Jennifer HensleyJennifer Hensley
That took me a while to get through after combing loads of tips and tricks to try! I was receiving an error message about the Account ID being incorrect. In the end, I passed with the explaination from Ghanshyam Kumar 9 above:
Closed Won and Banking - [Opportunity].Account.OwnerID
Closed Won - [Opportunity].AccountID
Rachel MartinezRachel Martinez
Hi all! 
I am stuck on this module. Can you please help? I did not choose a Banking Account field.

ERROR:
We found an opportunity that's associated with a Banking account and updated the stage to Closed Won, but a task wasn't created for the account owner to complete 7 days from today. Make sure that the Closed Won and Banking criteria node and its associated action are configured correctly.

User-added image
Martin Annush 1Martin Annush 1
Hello Community,
Somehow I cannot activate my challenge and following error message pops up. Please help!

Challenge not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 2
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: STORAGE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED, storage limit exceeded: []
MOHAMMED FAIYAZ UDDINMOHAMMED FAIYAZ UDDIN
Try the challenge in different Trailhead Playground 
Refresh the page and try using this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXAlumANr9w
after activating the process Refresh the page then check the challenege this Might help you 
Austyn OwensAustyn Owens
Hi Everyone! I thought I would give a response for a 2021 attempt. 
I was struggling and kept getting a "FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION: Account ID: id value of incorrect type" error I had them set to the ID of the account owner's contact ID for the first criteria. 

Criteria 1
Criteria 1

Criteria 2
User-added image

I followed someone else's advice on one of these forums to deactivate all other triggers. It didn't solve this problem right away but it might help someone out there:

Please follow the below steps, to deactivate the trigger
Login into the sandbox
Go to the Trigger and Click on Edit and Uncheck the IsActive box 
Bhawana Bisht 1Bhawana Bisht 1
Can anyone help me to resolve this There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, We can't save this record because the “Launch Shift Approver1” process failed. Give your Salesforce admin these details. missing required field: [nextApproverIds] Error ID: 1475589712-60122 (239473768)missing required field: [nextApproverIds] Error ID: 1475589712-60122 (239473768): []