function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Soden 9Glenn Soden 9 

Send email - create a task? Any ideas?

Is there a way to create a task on an opportunity, automatically, when sending an email (template) from that opportunity.  Assuming would trigger off template or subject line?  I see solutions for creating email after task but this is the direction we need to take.

Example - send email to SFDC user about opportunity and additional info etc.  At same time, create a task for that user for them to be able to follow up on.

Thanks in advance! 
Harshit Garg 6Harshit Garg 6

Hi Glenn,

You can achieve this through the workflow. Below I have attached all the steps, please follow all the steps.

Firstly go to the workflow and click on New Rule and after that in object choose Opportunity and click on next Button.

Step-1

User-added image

After click on save button and after that on add workflow action choose first send the email. Firstly please make an email template and attached in email template section.

Step_2
User-added image

Save it and after that choose in add workflow action "create task".

Step-3

User-added image

Please set the due date as you want and save it.

after completing these three steps you will redirect on done page please click on done and after that activate your workflow rule.

If these above steps would helpful for you so please choose my answer as the best answer.

Thanks,
Harshit Garg
harshitgarg2591@gmail.com

Thanks Harshit - Actually we made a minor turn on this requirement.  We will be creating the email through SDOCs creation.  I'll see if I can get it to work though and post back
And, the email being sent is orginating from another object different than opportunity.  Just need it to create the task on opprtunity.