function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SHAIK MOHAMMAD YASEENSHAIK MOHAMMAD YASEEN 

please help me with process in order to update a field by using flow

Hi All,

I have requirement where i have to update a field in an object using flow. please help me with procedure for the same. below is the exact requirement

in my org i have a object obj with fields FF(formula field), textField i have to update the value of the FF into textField using flow. can you please help me with step by step procedure for the same. Thanks

Best Regrads,
Mohammad Yaseen.
Best Answer chosen by SHAIK MOHAMMAD YASEEN
Shivdeep KumarShivdeep Kumar
ok,
Please follow the process as below mention :
  • Open process process builder and click on new button.
  • Name of process builder and description, API name auto populated.
  • Choose your object , Second option i.e., when a record is created or edited and then save.
  • Add criteria name, criteria is "Conditions are met" and your condition will be ​​" your ff fields --> ischanged --> boolean --> true ,  condition is " All of the conditions are met (AND) " and save.
  • Next and last is Immediate action name, Records will be [Contacts] means self from which it ll executed, criteria for updating the records is " No criteria—just update the records! " , now set the field value i.e., your text field --> reference to --> ff fields
  • Save.

Thanks
Shivdeep

All Answers

Hi Yaseen,

As per my understanding, you want to update the formula field(Text).

If Yes, then You can't update formula field using workflow or process builder. You can do one thing you can update the field which is using in formula field to reflect on formula field.

Thanks
Shivdeep
SHAIK MOHAMMAD YASEENSHAIK MOHAMMAD YASEEN
Hi shivdeep yadav,

Thanks for yoyr quick response.

My requirement is i get the value from formula field and update it in textField(this is another field in the object). 

Best Regards,Mohammad Yaseen

ok,
Please follow the process as below mention :
  • Open process process builder and click on new button.
  • Name of process builder and description, API name auto populated.
  • Choose your object , Second option i.e., when a record is created or edited and then save.
  • Add criteria name, criteria is "Conditions are met" and your condition will be ​​" your ff fields --> ischanged --> boolean --> true ,  condition is " All of the conditions are met (AND) " and save.
  • Next and last is Immediate action name, Records will be [Contacts] means self from which it ll executed, criteria for updating the records is " No criteria—just update the records! " , now set the field value i.e., your text field --> reference to --> ff fields
  • Save.

Thanks
Shivdeep
This was selected as the best answer