function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steven Vawdrey 13Steven Vawdrey 13 

How can I stop a Lead fomula field from calculating when the lead has been converted?

I have a fomula field on the Lead object that calculates the number of days a lead is in a specific queue. If the Lead is converted, we want to stop the formula field from counting and preserve the last number displayed (mapped to the contact record upon conversion. Is this possible?
Steven Vawdrey 13Steven Vawdrey 13
I guess my follow-up question is: How to I capture in that formula that the lead has been converted?
Davy HuijgensDavy Huijgens
If you have the start date for instance createddate, their are two fields you can use. The Boolean isConverted and the Date ConvertedDate.

IF(IsConverted, ConvertedDate-CreatedDate, Today-CreatedDate)
jigarshahjigarshah
Salesforce provides a standard field called IsConverted on Lead of type checkbox (checked if true else unchecked). This field is automatically checked when a Lead is converted. Refer the Lead Object Reference (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_lead.htm) to understand further.

Also, once a Lead is converted, it becomes unavailable on the standard Salesforce user interface and is accessible through queries or for reporting.

Please do not forget to mark this thread as SOLVED if it helps address your issue.