function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gaurav Jain 198Gaurav Jain 198 

Does manage package upgrade overwrite permissions to existing profiles?

If the subscriber org has a profile with some permissions on a custom object (custom object from managed package). If we upgrade package, does the permissions get overwritten? And is it same behaviour with package uninstall and re-install?
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gaurav,
Profile settings are editable but not upgradeable. After upgrading, update the profile settings for any custom objects included in the package. The developer can make changes to profile settings after releasing them, but those changes will not be included in an upgrade. However, changes made to permission sets are included in the upgrade for any permission sets that were included in the package.

Please refer the below link for reference. Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
Gaurav Jain 198Gaurav Jain 198
Thanks Rahul. But I understand that the profile settings are not included in package. But since profile settings are set in subscriber org, would these be overwritten with package upgrade.

e.g. I install a package with custom object Obj1__c. I create a profile test in subscriber org and give Read and create permission to Obj1__c. Now if I install upgraded package, what happens to permissions of Obj1__c on test profile.
_Prasu__Prasu_
Permissions will persist after upgrade.