function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Soden 9Glenn Soden 9 

process builder - null values criteria filter

I'm having problems with process builder stopping when a value(s) is blank.   I have 6 fields that then update fields on a different object in pairs of item and QTY.

Item1 (2 and 3), and Item1QTY  (2 and 3)  -  If I fill out Just Item 1 and Item1QTY as only process and send its fine.   If I make the process all 6 and fill out all six its fine also.  Its when Item2 and Item2QTY are blank and/or Item3 and Item3QTY are blank.  Setting the process to stop if null.

Error - "The flow failed to access the value for myVariable  Item_2 because it hasn't been set or assigned".  I did find a formula for this error but it isn't working or I can't get it to work.  Whats the best way to stop process on step two if item2 and itemQTY2 are blank  (3 also if "2" is filled out) which im sure is the same filter criteria.

Thanks for any input! 
Best Answer chosen by Glenn Soden 9
Item1 (field)  Item1QTY (field) - > send to different object updating by referencing fields - fine if single process just this.  

If I make my process also includes the next set below  (ie send item 1+2 and itemqty1+2) its works fine when all populated populated.

BUT if Item2 (field) Item 2 QTY (field)  are not filled out, I need the process to stop as they are blank/null.

STOP if Item2 and Item2QTY are "Null"  But still send Item1 anbd Item1QTY.

Tried using global reference null but got error posted above.

Similar to this but having problem getting formual to work
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000212174&type=1  

All Answers

RKSalesforceRKSalesforce
Please elaborate.

Regards,
Ramakant
Item1 (field)  Item1QTY (field) - > send to different object updating by referencing fields - fine if single process just this.  

If I make my process also includes the next set below  (ie send item 1+2 and itemqty1+2) its works fine when all populated populated.

BUT if Item2 (field) Item 2 QTY (field)  are not filled out, I need the process to stop as they are blank/null.

STOP if Item2 and Item2QTY are "Null"  But still send Item1 anbd Item1QTY.

Tried using global reference null but got error posted above.

Similar to this but having problem getting formual to work
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000212174&type=1  

This was selected as the best answer
Answered my own question using above link.  Got it working!!