function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
suresh dupadasuresh dupada 

Namespace prefix issue for custom labels - in Packaging Org

Hi All
I am facing issue with code compare between two org
for Example
in Dev_Org: I have pages and classes with custom lables and all developed components will be moving to Package_Org (Where I have created Namespace for managed package to publish into SF app exchange)

my Issue here is I have implemented hundreds of classes and pages. my developers concurrently working in Dev_Org and I should move this changes to Package_Org, I am using eclipse for deployment, but before deployment I always compare code between two org. and what ever the necessary changes I will deploy into another org. I am facing issue with nameSpace prefix. because take  page-1 I have used custom lables in it. and initially i deployed code to Package_Org. but in next deployment I have to move to page-2 but I should consider other changes for this purpose I am comparing code here if you observe I dont have any changes in page-1 right. but in code compare I got page-1 in the code difference list, due to namespace prefix appended in package_org.

Eg.,

page-1 in Dev_org
<apex:page>
     {!Label.HellowMessage}
page-1 in Package_Org
     {!Label.Namespace__HellowMessage}
But like this happens for all the pages. I should really inspect each and every page unnecessarely wihout having code changes in it. what should I do. also I found some of the cusom labels dont have prefixed with nameSpance for them, why?
Eg.,
page-1 in Dev_org
     {!Label.HellowMessage}
     {!Label.goodMorning}
page-1 in Package_Org
     {!Label.Namespace__HellowMessage}
     {!Label.goodMorning}  -  (why this custom lable dont have prefix)

Sunil Wadeyar 4Sunil Wadeyar 4
Hi Suresh,

Even I'm facing this issue now. Would it be caused because of enabling Work Online? Could you please let me know how could you resolve it and how did you revert the changes?