function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Frankie CollyerFrankie Collyer 

System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []

Hi, I'm trying to complete the challenge for Customize How Records Get Approved with Approvals and when I click the button to verify the challenge I get this message: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []

Can someone please show me where I went wrong? Thanks!
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Frankie,

May I suggest you please check with below link from the forums community which might help you to accelerate further with the above requirement. Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Michael Schweigert 6Michael Schweigert 6
Did you figure this out?  I'm on the same challenge, same problem.
Gabriel McGinnGabriel McGinn

Hope this helps someone, because I was able to resolve this issue in my org by adding the role & subordinates to the Initial Submitters list.
The reason why this was required for me is that I have subsequent approval processes being triggered by Process Builder. The submissions were being made by users who were not admin, the creator or owner of the record which was triggering the error.
User-added image

Hope this helps