function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abraham DurojaiyeAbraham Durojaiye 

How do I restrict Opportunity records by user?

Hello All,

I am still trying to figure out how to restrict specific Opportunity records by users. In my organization, we want all users to have access to view all Opporutnities, except for one's marked with a Confidential checkbox. I have created the necessary sharing rules to allow all users to view all Opportunities, but now I have no idea how to restrict records that have the "Confidential" button check off. 

What we want is for a record that has the custom field "Confidential" checked off by restricted to the Opportunity owner and then he/she can share the Opportunity with other required users. Is this possible?

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Abraham Durojaiye
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Change the org wide settings for Opportunity to Private so that only owners can see their opportunities then create a criteria based sharing rule which will give Read Write access to all the users on Opportunities if the Confidential checkbox is false.

All Answers

Lokeswara ReddyLokeswara Reddy
I think you org wide default for Opportunity is Private and you should have sharing rules to open the record access to users.
Does your sharing rule criteira includes condition to check 'Confidential' checkbox to open up the access?
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Change the org wide settings for Opportunity to Private so that only owners can see their opportunities then create a criteria based sharing rule which will give Read Write access to all the users on Opportunities if the Confidential checkbox is false.
This was selected as the best answer