function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rohitash yadavrohitash yadav 

Working with API

Hi,

I have a website in php. If any order place on my website then I want to save all order related information to salesforce account. What is the best way to do this ?  How to avoid governer limits for this also?

Thanks,
Rohitash

Dorian Sutton 9Dorian Sutton 9
That depends slightly on how your PHP website is set up - if you're using one of the major ecommerce platforms like WooCommerce or Magento then the first thing to do is to look for a solution on the App Exchange.

It there is no packaged solution available, you'll need to update your PHP application to integrate with Salesforce via the REST API when a successful order is completed.  The documentation for this is pretty comprehensive:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/intro_what_is_rest_api.htm

The API limits are fairly high - are you expecting more than 15,000 orders a day?
rohitash yadavrohitash yadav
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

No, but I need to create account, contact based on the orders. and also need to store order information into child objects.

I am also looking for a solution to show to salesforce leads, opportunities, reports into my web page.

Thanks,
Rohitash