function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonathan WallaceJonathan Wallace 

Print attachments from visualforce page

Hello,

Before I spend a ton of time researching the plausibility of what we want to do I wanted to ask the forum. 

We have many attachments on the Opportunity object, and part of our process when we close opportunities is to print all the attachments associated. 
Due to the clunkiness of printing each attachment it takes quite a bit of time to do this. Is it possible to print all the attachments from a visualforce page thats called by a button click? 

I've read similar requests but I haven't seen if it's actually plausible.

thanks in advance! 
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jonathan Wallace,

Here's a similar discussion which you may find helpful:  Kindly mark this post as solved if the information help's so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue and becomes a proper solution which results in helping others who are really in need of it.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P
Keegan McCormackKeegan McCormack
Any web service / site can't send directly to the printer, it can only invoke the print dialogue from the browser, so you'd need render all the content into a single page or pdf file, which can easily be done in apex/visualforce but converting attachments changes the problem significantly.

Whilst there are plenty of apps (s-docs, conga composer) to generate document formats from visualforce/custom templates, I don't think there's anything out there that will convert the various document formats to visualforce.

Hopefully someone will have a suggestion to easily convert to vf (which you can then append each document and render as pdf), but I'm afraid it's probably one of those projects which would be large/expensive to build and maintain whilst delivering little value.

I'd suggest a different route, there are tools you can use to download all documents linked on a page (ie DownThemAll (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/)), and you can print multiple documents at once natively in Windows (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-files/how-to-print-all-the-files-in-a-folder-without/953db9e3-ef21-4b8b-ae6e-6049de0a0425).
Rocks_SFDCRocks_SFDC
Hi Jonathan,

Do we have any work around for this requirement.

I have the similar rquirement that we want to implement.

Thanks,
Anil