function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raja Bipin Chandra  M BRaja Bipin Chandra M B 

Chatter Post from Visualforce page

Hello All, 

I am overriding standard Account layout with custom visual force page. I have used the following code for chatter in my code.

<apex:tab label="Chatter Feed" name="Chatter" id="Chatterfeed"><apex:outputPanel > 
      <chatter:feed entityId="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.Id}" /></apex:outputPanel>
      </apex:tab>

I am facing an issue in chatter post and i am unable to post anything. i click the post link but nothing happens. Can you please help ? 

Thanks

Raja
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Below sample code works.
<apex:page >
  <chatter:feed entityId="{!$User.Id}"/>
</apex:page>

This will display the Chatter feed for the currently logged in user. The entityID here can be the ID of a standard object, custom object, user etc.
You can read more each of these components here. Obviously, you can write your own Apex controllers and do a lot of custom Chatter functionality as well. One such example is listed here.

http://www.redargyle.com/blog/embedding-chatter-in-custom-visualforce-pages/

https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Chatter_Code_Recipes

Hope this helps you!

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Hi Sandhya,

Thanks for your response. However, i am facing this issue on my Production but it works very well on Sandbox ? Do you know the reason ?

Best Regards,
Raja
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

As per my knowledge see if permissions or sharing settings changed on the Account object or the related Visualforce page / Apex class.

Best Regards
Sandhya
Hi ,

I am the admin here. the window box when is click Post does not appear.

Thanks,
Raja
Please note, i am using this under apex:tab . But, if i directly use in a Visualforce page, it works!
Something like this 

User-added image
Sergio AlcocerSergio Alcocer
Keep in mind that 
<chatter:feed ....
should not be used inside the
<apex:form>
   <!-- NOT INSIDE -->
</apex:form>

Marking best answers is good for all people.
  • Other users with same question: will be easier to find the right answer without having to go through all of the conversation
  • Other users that knows the answer: saving time before they realise its already answered properly
  • Author: makes him/her happy