function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rizwan ahmed 16rizwan ahmed 16 

how to update a record value from developer console

I have Field label as  Lead source which is Formula field  on Quote object .But  now the requirement is insted of formulae they require  Pick list field.So i created a new pick list field and labeld as Lead source .now i want to update all the pick list value by formula field by developer console ananymous window .how to update a record value from developer console. can any one help
Best Answer chosen by rizwan ahmed 16
Lalit Mistry 21Lalit Mistry 21
List<Quote> quotes = [SELECT Id, Lead_source__c, Lead_source2__c FROM Quote LIMIT 50000];
for(Quote quote : quotes){
	quote.Lead_source2__c = quote.Lead_source__c;
​}
update quotes;

There was a typo in previous response. Use the code snippet as in this response

All Answers

Hi Rizwan,
Assuming the field api name for formula field is Lead_source__c and api name for new picklist field is Lead_source2__c, you can execute below code in developer console.
List<Quote> quotes = [SELECT Id, Lead_source__c, Lead_source2__c FROM Quote  WHERE LIMIT 50000];
​}
update quotes;

Note that this will process only 50000 records and if there are more than 50K records then use Lead_source2__c != NULL in where clause of the above query and run multiple times till all quotes are updated.

List<Quote> quotes = [SELECT Id, Lead_source__c, Lead_source2__c FROM Quote LIMIT 50000];
​}
update quotes;

There was a typo in previous response. Use the code snippet as in this response
This was selected as the best answer
rizwan ahmed 16rizwan ahmed 16
Hi Lalit Thank you its working