function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SAI CHARAN MADUGULASAI CHARAN MADUGULA 

Created by name and Owner Name should be same and populate when i will create any record

Hello,
snap shot
I need a help regarding this issue.The problem is when i am creating the record from the user account and generating the Report the Owner Name is not changing.it should be same as created by because i am logging from that user and creating the record from that user so he should be the owner of that record and created by but here it is showing different Owner Name. 

Please explain this issue and suggest me if i need to change any thing in the code.

Object: custom object
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Charan,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

It is not mandatory that the record owner and created by should be the same.

Difference between Created by and Owner:

CreatedBy: It is the user who has created the record. This can not be changed. It is just a System Information to track who created the record.

OwnerId: ID of the User who has been assigned to work on this record.
If you update this field, the previous owner's access becomes Read Only or the access specified in your organization-wide default for opportunities, whichever is greater.

OwnerId defines ownership and is used to give access to the user on the record in the case that object access is set to private in your organization.

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra