function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijayakumar KenchugunduVijayakumar Kenchugundu 

Map picklist values in formula of Process Builder

Hello Friends,

Your thoughts on my issue is highly appreciable. 
The scenario what I am trying to do here using Process Builder is updating child accounts when there is update on Parent account.
I have a custom picklist field Org Type (not used global picklist value set) on Account object. I am trying to set this value to all child accounts in the hierarchy where there is update the same field on Parent account.
I tried all these methods.
1st: I tried directly mapping field reference field [Account].Parent.Organization_Type__c to child account field. 
2nd: Used a formula with CASE (shown below) using both TEXT([Account].Parent.Organization_Type__c) and withouth TEXT. 

CASE(TEXT([Account].Parent.Organization_Type__c),
"Sole Proprietorship", "Sole Proprietorship",
"Partnership", "Partnership",
"Unincorporated", "Unincorporated",
"Limited Liability Company", "Limited Liability Company",
"Other", "Other",
"")

The issue is the custom picklist field update on Parent is not at all updating on child records. Am I doing something wrong here?
Best Answer chosen by Vijayakumar Kenchugundu
Oh my bad. I over complicated by adding ParentId in Field Reference. I changed and just considered direct Account fields, it worked even without using Formula.
[Account].Parent.Organization_Type__c (DID NOT WORK)
[Account].Organization_Type__c (WORKED PERFECT)

All Answers

Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi Vijay,

You can find the same kind of scenario from the below blog:
https://force-base.com/2016/10/02/process-builder-update-child-records-based-on-changes-in-the-parent-record/

I hopy you have the process builder on Account Object.

Check you intial criteria one more time... Try to create new version and follow the same step as in above blog...  Don't forgot to activate the process builder... Once you created the process builder verify the PB steps one more time...

If the above steps are not solving your issue then please post your Process Builder each steps screenshot here.

Thanks,
Maharajan.C

Hi Maharajan,
Thanks for your response. I am following the same steps that is given in your link. My case is slightly different, instead of updating Contacts, I need to update Account its own. Yes. PR is no Account Object. FYI, I do have three other string custom fields on the same PR. Those three are updating correctly. Only have issue with this picklist field. If I hardcode the picklist value (for example "Partnership"), it updates it. But when I map it to [Account].Parent.Organization_Type__c, it is not. So, I used formula. I think formula should work fine. I am doing something in the formula.
Thanks,
Vijay
Oh my bad. I over complicated by adding ParentId in Field Reference. I changed and just considered direct Account fields, it worked even without using Formula.
[Account].Parent.Organization_Type__c (DID NOT WORK)
[Account].Organization_Type__c (WORKED PERFECT)

This was selected as the best answer