function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinothini murugesh 10Vinothini murugesh 10 

is it possible to use wild card certificate in salesforce

Hi Team,

I am creating CA certificate for the particular site in Salesforce. I want to create "Wild Card " certificate. Can i use common name as wild card name ?
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Vinothini,

Please follow given below code with the help of below code you can solve your problem, it may be helpful to you.

Note - After searching more about wild card, I can't believe, you can use wildcard certificates with Salesforce.

1.) Create a Certificate Signing Request & Obtain an SSL Certificate for your domain :

In order to serve community content over encrypted connections (a requirement for any area of your community where someone needs to be logged in), you will need to have your community host and serve an SSL certificate that matches the domain.

Many organizations offer SSL certificates for sale, including most common DNS registrars. You may need to work with your IT department to obtain a CA-signed SSL certificate for your new community domain. That process will start by creating a Certificate Signing Request, or CSR.

-Create a CSR within Salesforce:

1. Access 'Certificate and Key Management':
    -In Salesforce Classic: Click Setup | Security Controls | Certificate and Key Management
    -In Salesforce Lightning: Click Setup | Security | Certificate and Key Management
2. Create a new Certificate record with your values for Common Name, Company, and other relevant fields.
    -Note: Ensure that you use a Certificate with a field size of 2048.
3. Once you've created this record, you will be taken to a screen where you can download your CSR. Click Download Certificate Signing Request and share it with the concerned team. 
4. Follow Generate a Certificate Signed by a Certificate Authority to create a CA-signed certificate and Download.

You (or your IT department) will use the CSR with an SSL certificate provider to generate an SSL cert for your domain. Certificate Authorities have differing methods of verifying the information and issuing certificates, so you'll likely need to work with your IT department to get the appropriate certificate issued.

Note: You may use either a wildcard certificate (*.mycompany.com) or a domain-specific certificate (for example community.mycompany.com) for your community.

For more information follow the given below link :
Link: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000336819&type=1&mode=1

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha 
Vinothini murugesh 10Vinothini murugesh 10
Hi Deepall, Thanks for your info. I am following the same step. Thank you so much. Regards, Vinothini