function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Naren9Naren9 

How to associate multiple products with case

Hi All,
As of now, Case page layout has Product Pick list, and we can select only one Product and it mainted by Pick List Values.
What I am looking is that, When we create a Case, we should able to select Multiple Products to that Case. How we can achieve this?.

Do we need to create a Junction Object between Cases and Product?.
I think Junction Object is not going to support for Product as Product Standard object is going to be Detail Side of Junction Object, which is not supported by Salesforce.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Also, please suggest me an alternative methods.

Thanks,
Naren
Best Answer chosen by Naren9
Boss CoffeeBoss Coffee
A Junction Object should work fine for this scenario. After a Case is created, you can create however many junction records as there are products you need to relate to the Case. You won't be able to make a Master-Detail Lookup to Product though, but you can use a regular Lookup and it should serve the same purpose of connecting the products to the Case.

All Answers

Boss CoffeeBoss Coffee
A Junction Object should work fine for this scenario. After a Case is created, you can create however many junction records as there are products you need to relate to the Case. You won't be able to make a Master-Detail Lookup to Product though, but you can use a regular Lookup and it should serve the same purpose of connecting the products to the Case.
This was selected as the best answer
Naren9Naren9
Thanks Boss Coffe. it worked.
Thanks,
Naren