function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Poorna DeveloperPoorna Developer 

I need apex class to get documentlink field

Hi all,
I need apex class to get documentlink field called LinkedEntityId.
This is my create task when document upload.
trigger CreateTask on ContentVersion (after insert) 
{

List<Task> insertTask = new List<Task>();
Task newTask = new Task();
for(ContentVersion newCase : Trigger.new)
{
newTask.subject = 'Document Expiration';
newTask.WhatId = newCase.Id;
newTask.ActivityDate = newCase.Expiry_Date__c;
newTask.ownerId = newCase.OwnerId;
newTask.status = 'Not started';
newTask.Priority = 'Normal';
insertTask.add(newTask);
    if(insertTask.isEmpty())
    {
        try{

}catch(DmlException de)
        {
            System.debug(de);
        }
    }

}

I need to assign LinkedEntityId this id to createTask . Trigger -> WhoId.

Is anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Poorna Developer
sachinarorasfsachinarorasf
Hi Poorna,

In the below line of code, it is not recommended to use SOQL query inside for loop because of pre-defined governor limits.
newTask.WhatId =[select LinkedEntityId from ContentDocumentLink where ContentDocumentId IN : newCase.ContentDocumentId].Id;

If you want to assign the Id directly without verifying whether it is whoId or WhatId, you can use the following line of code:
newTask.WhatId =[select LinkedEntityId from ContentDocumentLink where ContentDocumentId =: newCase.ContentDocumentId].LinkedEntityId;

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark it as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin Arora
www.sachinsf.com  (http://www.sachinsf.com)

All Answers

Hi Poorna,

Please follow the following steps:
Step 1: You need to get the ContentDocumentId from the content version.
Step 2: Query LinkedEntityId  FROM ContentDocumentLink where ContentDocumentId    exists in the above list.
Step 3: Check the LinkedEntityId whether it is whoId (Id of the object : Contact or Lead) or What Id by using the below line of code:
             String sObjName = LinkedEntityId.getSObjectType().getDescribe().getName();
Step 4: If the LinkedEntityId belongs to Contact or Lead, then assign it to the WhoId field otherwise, assign it to the whatId field.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin Arora
www.sachinsf.com
Poorna DeveloperPoorna Developer
Hi Sachin,
Thanks for your replay.
I just want assign WhoId/WhatId value in trigger directly.In the above code I just add the following query.Can you please share is this possible?
newTask.WhatId =[select LinkedEntityId from ContentDocumentLink where ContentDocumentId IN : newCase.ContentDocumentId].Id;
Hi Poorna,

In the below line of code, it is not recommended to use SOQL query inside for loop because of pre-defined governor limits.

If you want to assign the Id directly without verifying whether it is whoId or WhatId, you can use the following line of code:
newTask.WhatId =[select LinkedEntityId from ContentDocumentLink where ContentDocumentId =: newCase.ContentDocumentId].LinkedEntityId;

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark it as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin Arora
www.sachinsf.com  (http://www.sachinsf.com)
This was selected as the best answer