function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul CaldwellPaul Caldwell 

BI & CRM

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experience with both BI and CRM systems. Which platform would you recommend for a mid-size business? They have some similar features and we are in the process of choosing which one to go with. Thank you all!
Paul Sciandra 1Paul Sciandra 1
Hi, I guess you are looking at the problem from a different angle. CRMs and BI software were built for completely different purposes. So, the platform of your choice should meet your business challenges.
“BI was built from a need to obtain strategic intelligence from fields of data in order to inform business decisions.”
“CRMs were developed with a customer-centric approach. The platform serves a need to execute almost every part of the customer experience in a more efficient and time-conserving manner. CRM uses data, not to project broad business performance, but rather to help in retaining loyal customers and attracting new.”
Source: PROS & CONS OF BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND CRM PLATFORMS (http://bit.ly/2NxyGrh)
Features are not something that you should be looking at, since you can always customize platform to your needs. However, the general business functionality of the platform is crucial.
I hope that help in your choice!