function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vijaya kudupudivijaya kudupudi 

How to make accounts are private and Opportunity, case should be public Read only in salesforce

Hi,

I want to make accounts access is private and Opportunity, case should be public Read only to all the users in salesforce. but I'm not able to achieve this due to the standard salesforce behaviour. Below link for reference
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.faq_record_access.htm&type=5 

Can some one suggest me on this if is there any alternate way to achieve this?.

Thanks,
Vijaya

Best Answer chosen by vijaya kudupudi
Hi Sai,
I have already tried with sharing rule, But sharing rule didn't help me on this. 

I could found another solution. i.e.Made OWD of Account as Private and remove View All for Account from all profiles, and at the same time, set View All for Opportunity and Case on all profile. This works fine.

All Answers

Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vijaya,

As  this is standard salesforce functionality you cannot make opportuniy and Case Public Read only when Account is private.

You may have to create a sharing rule with some mandatory field not null and share the records to all the users(Using Public group) with public Read only.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,

Hi Sai,
I have already tried with sharing rule, But sharing rule didn't help me on this. 

I could found another solution. i.e.Made OWD of Account as Private and remove View All for Account from all profiles, and at the same time, set View All for Opportunity and Case on all profile. This works fine.
This was selected as the best answer