function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christy MillerChristy Miller 

How to delete an account and remove it from all environments to be able to use it in a new production environment?

My account was setup by a contractor in a test environment that is no longer accessible.  I need my account to be setup in production now and it is unavailable because it is used in the previous enviroment that is no longer valid.  I want to remove all occurances of my account and start from scratch.
Best Answer chosen by Christy Miller
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
You can edit your username in the test environment and add a number to the end of the username.  This change allows you to reuse the username.

The article(https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000329530&type=1) is in context of inactive user but the same procedure can be used for active users too to free up username.

Navigate to the User object:
In Salesforce Classic: Setup | Manage Users | Users
In Lightning Experience: Gear icon | Setup | Administration | Users | Users

Edit your user record by clicking on the Edit link beside it or by clicking on the username to edit from there.
Modify the username by adding a letter or a number at the end. For example: username@force.com change to username2@force.com.
Click on Save.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you

All Answers

Yes. I want to delete all occurrences of cmiller@organo.com so we use it in our brand new production environment. Thanks, Christy Christy​​ Miller Business Intelligence Manager II [cid:image001.png@01D8D96F.6EC2FF60] 3040 Science Park Road, Suite 2000 (2nd Floor) ​San Diego, CA 92121 Telephone: Email: cmiller@organo.com www.organogenesis.com
HI Christy,
If my understanding is correct, cmiller@organo.com listed as your username in the test environment and you want to free this username so you can use it in production environment.

Thanks
Yes, correct Christy​​ Miller Business Intelligence Manager II [cid:image001.png@01D8D973.1E6CE8B0] 3040 Science Park Road, Suite 2000 (2nd Floor) ​San Diego, CA 92121 Telephone: Email: cmiller@organo.com www.organogenesis.com
You can edit your username in the test environment and add a number to the end of the username.  This change allows you to reuse the username.

The article(https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000329530&type=1) is in context of inactive user but the same procedure can be used for active users too to free up username.

Navigate to the User object:
In Salesforce Classic: Setup | Manage Users | Users
In Lightning Experience: Gear icon | Setup | Administration | Users | Users

Edit your user record by clicking on the Edit link beside it or by clicking on the username to edit from there.
Modify the username by adding a letter or a number at the end. For example: username@force.com change to username2@force.com.
Click on Save.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you
This was selected as the best answer