function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MyNameIsJeffMyNameIsJeff 

how to remove delete button from cases

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to hide/remove the delete option in cases, if not is it possible to just create an error not auth popup?

User-added image
Testing the merge case optoin and it needs the delete enabled, managed to hide from in layout but not here.

Note: I am very new to this so as easy as possible please :)

Thanks,

Danny
Adheesh GuptaAdheesh Gupta
Hi Danny,

If you remove the "Delete" permission in a user profile's object settings, they will not be able to delete the custom object from any view.

Setup >> Manage Users >> Profiles >> (Profile) >> Object Settings >> (Your custom object) >> Edit >> Uncheck "Delete"

Alternatively, you can also "Override" the delete button with a Visualforce page that has an error message:
Setup >> Create >> Objects >> (Your custom object) >> Buttons, Links, & Actions >> Edit the Delete button

Hope this helps!

Please make this answer as solved if it answers your query.

Thanks,
Adheesh
MyNameIsJeffMyNameIsJeff
Hi Adheesh,

Thanks for your reply

To be able to merge tickets users need to be able to delete tickets so the rights have to be applied so this part

Setup >> Manage Users >> Profiles >> (Profile) >> Object Settings >> (Your custom object) >> Edit >> Uncheck "Delete"

Will not work as we get this error

User-added image

I would like to basically remove that delete button so I guess 

"Alternatively, you can also "Override" the delete button with a Visualforce page that has an error message:

Setup >> Create >> Objects >> (Your custom object) >> Buttons, Links, & Actions >> Edit the Delete button
"

would be the case however I get stuck here as I do not know what is next.

Thanks,

Danny

Sudheer Gonuguntla 15Sudheer Gonuguntla 15
Create a permission set which provide delete previlages to this object and assign it that who needs to see delete button and remove delete permissions for this object from Profile.