function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael MMichael M 

Error: Component 'Visualforce' has an invalid value for property 'Visualforce Page Name'.

When I try to drag my VF page to the lightning record page, and try to save, it gives this error: "Component 'Visualforce' has an invalid value for property 'Visualforce Page Name'."  What is the problem?
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael,

It seems that the page was referencing a visualforce page that does not exist.

Please correct the name or remove the component and it should fix the error.

Hope above information was helpful.

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
Michael MMichael M
Hi Vinay, I'm not sure what you mean. It gives the option to choose "Visualforce Page Name", and in the dropdown, I select the name of my page. Yet when I click save, it still gives that error. And it is enabled for lightning component, so that wouldn't be the issue either.
Alexandra Stehman 10Alexandra Stehman 10
I have a similar issue. I created a VF page that I added to the lightning page. It works. I've been modifying the code and testing it.

However, when I go to modify the lightning page layout to add Chatter feed, I get this error.  I'm not sure why, since the component is already embedded in the page and working.
Michael MMichael M
Hi Alexandra,

I was able to resolve it by adding        <apex:slds />       tag right underneath the first <apex:page> tag at the top of the page.

Also, you might want to double check that on under Visualforce pages under setup, lightning pages is enabled for that page. Sometimes it turns itself off if you've made any edits to the visualforce page in the meantime. 
Alexandra Stehman 10Alexandra Stehman 10
Thank you, Michael! I sincerely appreciate your response!

I did go in and check that again and indeed it had "turned itself off". I've just installed VSCode and started deploying with it, so I was curious if there is a metadata parameter I can set somewhere to ensure that it doesn't do that with each deploy.
Michael MMichael M
Glad it helped!

I'm not sure about that, but I also would be glad to know if there was such a parameter.