function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Administrator 167Administrator 167 

API REST WSDL

Hello,

A web-service partner is asking me for REST WSDL, after I sent him SOAP WSDL.
For what I understood googling the question, there is no such thing as REST WSDL. Can someone please confirm ?
Best Answer chosen by Administrator 167
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
SOAP uses WSDL for communication between consumer and provider, whereas REST just uses XML or JSON to send and receive data. There is nothing as REST WSDL in salesforce.

All Answers

HI, REST doesn't require WSDL. You will only need endpoints and HTTP methods.

Hope this helps and answers your query.
Thanks
SOAP uses WSDL for communication between consumer and provider, whereas REST just uses XML or JSON to send and receive data. There is nothing as REST WSDL in salesforce.
This was selected as the best answer
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

The following are the differences between SOAP and REST API:
1. REST API has no official standard at all because it is an architectural style. SOAP API, on the other hand, has an official standard because it is a protocol.
2.REST APIs use multiple standards like HTTP, JSON, URL, and XML while SOAP APIs are largely based on HTTP and XML.
3. As REST API deploys multiple standards, so it takes fewer resources and bandwidth as compared to SOAP that uses XML for the creation of Payload and results in the large-sized file.
4. The ways both APIs exposes business logic are also different. REST API takes advantage of URL exposure like @path("/WeatherService") while SOAP API use of services interfaces like @WebService.
5. SOAP API defines too many standards, and its implementer implements the things in a standard way only. In the case of miscommunication from service, the result will be the error. REST API, on the other hand, doesn't make emphasize on too many standards and results in corrupt API in the end.
6.REST API uses Web Application Description Language, and SOAP API used Web Services Description language for describing the functionalities being offered by web services.
7.REST APIs are more convenient with JavaScript and can be implemented easily as well. SOAP APIs are also convenient with JavaScript but don't support for greater implementation.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.
Very clear ! Thank you very much
Perfect. Thanks !