function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Thomas Thejn 8Thomas Thejn 8 

ReportType: Content is not available

When I try to add content reports to my managed package and install this in Sandbox org I get the following error: 
This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
(SalesValue_reports/Content_by_class_yrh) ReportType: Content is not available	SalesValue_reports/Content_by_class_yrh: ReportType: Content is not available
I have enabled Content in the Sandbox org, and I can see the option to create reports of the type "File and Content Report". 

Does anybody know what is wrong? 
Best Answer chosen by Thomas Thejn 8
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Thomas, 

Enabling content seems to be the only solution

Did you also try giving users access to Salesforce CRM Content by assigning feature licenses and verify that the Salesforce CRM Content users have the Salesforce CRM Content user permissions enabled?

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=content_initialsetup.htm&type=5

During the package installation, you will recieve an email with the org Id if there is a failure for example: 

OrganizationId: 00Dxxxxxxxxxxxx
UserId: 005xxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Package Install Failure 04ti0000000LHIVAA4
ExtendedMessage: ReportType: Content is not available: ReportType: Content is not available

Ensure you are doing this for the correct org and the user. If the issue still persists, please contact support. Thank You!

Anudeep

All Answers

Hi Thomas, 

Enabling content seems to be the only solution

Did you also try giving users access to Salesforce CRM Content by assigning feature licenses and verify that the Salesforce CRM Content users have the Salesforce CRM Content user permissions enabled?

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=content_initialsetup.htm&type=5

During the package installation, you will recieve an email with the org Id if there is a failure for example: 

OrganizationId: 00Dxxxxxxxxxxxx
UserId: 005xxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Package Install Failure 04ti0000000LHIVAA4
ExtendedMessage: ReportType: Content is not available: ReportType: Content is not available

Ensure you are doing this for the correct org and the user. If the issue still persists, please contact support. Thank You!

Anudeep

This was selected as the best answer
Thomas Thejn 8Thomas Thejn 8
Hi Anudeep
Thanks a lot for the fast reply. 
I was missing to give the user the permissions. That solved the problem 🙏
Best regards
Thomas
Glad that it helped you Thomas. Cheers!