function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Developer BaseDeveloper Base 

VSCode does not autopopulate field names

Hey guys, I installed VSCode, authorized my developer sandbox and retrieved all metadata including objects and fields. Yet those field names do not autopopulate as you can see on the screenshot. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you alot. If your answer fixes my problem I will mark it as the best answer.
User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Developer Base
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Autocomplete depends on the metadata cache. To fix this, go to View > Command Palette (Ctrl-Shift-P), and type in "sobject". You should see a command "SFDX: Refresh sobject definitions." After that command runs, you should get autocomplete for all custom objects and fields.

Review below links which has fixes for similar issue.

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/254478/how-to-get-custom-object-fields-displaying-in-code-completion-in-vs-code/254556

Hope above information was helpful.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Autocomplete depends on the metadata cache. To fix this, go to View > Command Palette (Ctrl-Shift-P), and type in "sobject". You should see a command "SFDX: Refresh sobject definitions." After that command runs, you should get autocomplete for all custom objects and fields.

Review below links which has fixes for similar issue.

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/254478/how-to-get-custom-object-fields-displaying-in-code-completion-in-vs-code/254556

Hope above information was helpful.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
This was selected as the best answer
Hello Vinay,

unfortunately refreshing sobject definitions does nothing for me, although I have the objects and fields retrieved.
Oh I accualy managed to fix it thanks to your link. Kudos man