function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tim Mauro 8Tim Mauro 8 

Set default account on contact

Hi all - we don't use accounts in my installation, yet the reports all need an Account or the Contacts don't show up.

It is easy enough to update all existing contacts with AcctID=Individual, but how can I set it up so any new Contact has default of Individual account?

Please don't say "make Account required field and make them pick Individual".. I want it to default.

Thank you!
Best Answer chosen by Tim Mauro 8
SUCHARITA MONDALSUCHARITA MONDAL
Hi Tim,
You can use any automation process -(Process builder etc.) or Trigger to do so.
Putting that for any new contact , fixing up one AccountId. (Don't hard code AccountId instead use Custom Label).

Thanks,
Sucharita

All Answers

SUCHARITA MONDALSUCHARITA MONDAL
Hi Tim,
You can use any automation process -(Process builder etc.) or Trigger to do so.
Putting that for any new contact , fixing up one AccountId. (Don't hard code AccountId instead use Custom Label).

Thanks,
Sucharita
This was selected as the best answer
Tim Mauro 8Tim Mauro 8
Hey thank you - tried Process Builder, it jumped me over to Lightning to do it, but so far looks great.  I just hard-coded the ID for Individual account and it seems to work fine.  Custom label - is that in case the ID for Individual account changes?   Many thanks!
amelia pearlamelia pearl
Setting the default account for new Contacts. This default only applies when creating new contacts outside of the Contacts app, such as from your Recent Calls in the Phone app, or when saving an e-mail address or phone number into a new contact from elsewhere, such as Messages or Mail DGCustomerFirst  (https://www.dgcustomerfirst.biz/)